ESP Eclipse. Help.

Updated
ESP Eclipse. Help.

Hi. I'd like to see if i could get a manufacture date / origin on my ESP Eclipse. Second-hand owner. 

The serial number is SS0836166. 

Thanks.

Dave R.

Eclipse-II in Vintage White. Manufactured in 2007 only for US market, although yours has the older horn shape that wasn't sold in the US.

Pushead

Serial number says it's an 08.  The rest of the serial number seems to say it was made on the Monday of week 36.  Too lazy to look up what week that was.

Sorry to chime-in Dave.  It may have originally been snow white, if they didn't do a vintage white for the Overseas (non North America) market.

Dave R.

No worries Phil, I was referring to the US market only in which it was made with the US horn and only for '07. Because it has gold hardware, I don't believe it was originally snow white. The snow white version was equipped with black nickel hardware at that time. 

Steven S.

Thanks for the answers. Much appreciated.

Pushead

Well, at least we can agree that it's super cool.

RZK

Here's a key for the serial number:

PPYYWWDNN (stamped on the back of the headstock). PP = place of manufacture [K=Kiso (Japan), S=Sado (Japan), T=Takada (Japan), SS=Signature Series or Standard Series, CH=Craft House, CS=Craft House (used rarely), TH=Technical House, N=Nagano) YY = last two digits of the year WW = week of the year (max.52) D = day of that week: 1 = monday, 2 = tuesday,... (max.7) NN = number off the line that day (max.99)

Post to Thread