Vintage japanese ESP/Seymour Duncan Strat

Updated
Moog M.

Hello there,

I found on my local guitar shop a vintage Seymour Duncan stratocaster, made in Japan. I believe those strats were made in Japan by ESP at that time (before 2003).

There is a serial number which is 17097. I couldn't find anything on the web related to that one so I came here to find some infos, if anyone can help?

They are selling this strat for 300 dollars, so I think it can be a great addition to my collection!

Thank you so much in advance for your answers!

jt76

essentially there are several different models but there are two grades,  the pro series and the traditional series. 

the pro series only says Seymour Duncan on the headstock,  the traditional series says Seymour Duncan Traditional

The pro series ones are custom shop esp qualitiy, the traditional series are more of a production model guitar probably similar in quality to an ltd elite or Eii series.

Either would be a really nice guitar at that price.  At that price either the seller does not know what he has, or there is something wrong with the guitar.   So check it

over good before you buy it.

Post some pictures if you buy it.  

jt76

here's some pics of my seymour duncan strat.  I don't think the relic work is original. 

http://www.espguitars.com/photos/2279774

Moog M.

Here it is. Great japanese finish with standard Seymour strat US pickups.

It has a bright sound and the pickups are greatly responsive.

I think the neck is equivalent to the Pro series. Very comfortable to play and sounds amazing. A great deal!

Thank you for your infos again

Moog M.

Thank you so much for your infos!

I've checked the guitar this afternoon, and it's like brand new, so I think I'm going to buy it... and I'll post some pictures here.

Thank you again, and yours looks amazing!

jt76

Congrats,  It looks like its in great condition.

Moog M.

Yeah, it's like brand new!

I think i will change the pickguard soon

Post to Thread