ESP M-I with banana neck - does anyone know much about this guitar?

Updated
Michael B.

Hi guys

I've had this guitar stored in my attic for quite a while. Found it yesterday whilst having a clear out. Other than it being an ESP M-I, does anyone here know much about this guitar, such as model, approximate age / date produced, value etc?

Searching on google hasn't brought up much like this yet (or perhaps I'm just doing it wrong!).

Anyway, any other knowledge on this guitar would be great.

Cheers!

jt76

cool guitar, sadly not worth that much, would have been produced in the mid 80's, very similar to a kramer pacer american and worth about the same. Esp was making a lot of guitars for kramer at one point, so they tend to have very similar setups and body shapes. These typically show up with a single pickup in the bridge, two pickups is less common, also it a lot more common to see these with a floyd rose. What is the color? I you get a chance post a picture of the neck from the side, I would like to see the thickness of the rosewood) and a picture of the back, and the tone and volume pots.

Michael B.

Nice one, thank you for the detailed and knowedgeable response.

I'll take some more photos when I get in from work this evening and upload. As for the colour it's a light pink metallic finish, I'll try to get some pictures tonight with better lighting.  

Anthony B.

hi michael, do you still have this guitaar. if so, how much do you want for it? i'd like to buy it.  thanks,  tony

Anthony B.

I'd like to buy it. How much?

CLT-ESP

Feel free to send me a message. I can most likely answer a bunch of your questions as I have a handful of these myself. 

Anthony B.

Hi, I'm looking for an 80's m1 standard with rosewood finger board. Can u help? Thank you

CLT-ESP

I will keep my eyes open for you. I'm purely a collector and typically don't sell my guitars. Does it have to be a banana headstock? I know where a banana is, but the least the guy will take is $2,600.

Anthony B.

Hey, see my 2 posts below

Travis L.

LOL i just had to.... lol

Carry on boys...

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Hehe Nice

Anthony B.

Although I love the guitars and they're great, that's too much.

Anthony B.

No, Im actually partial to  the older mid eighties ones with the post fender f-like headstock. Any headstock is fine. I just like the early ones when they were just starting out. But, I only like  rosewood/ebony fingerboards. Thanks I appreciate it CTL.

load more replies (3 of 3)
mulysa

More like MX250 to me. Cool guitar bro.

Sean B.

Had one identical to it! If you're in UK it might be mine! 

Sean B.

Bought in 89 for £99 and sold to Johnny Roadhouse (with Hiscox case) for £300 in 93. Lovely guitar! 

Post to Thread