ESP eclipse fretboard protector

Updated
ESP eclipse fretboard protector

hello guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I have a ESP Eclipse II and someone stole my fretboard protector at a gig. I thought i could just buy a new one, but i cant find them anywhere. Could someone help me out with this or know where they sell them? I live in The Netherlands and i dont want to have alot of shipping costs so i cant order them from china or something. 

I hope someone can help me. 

Greetings,

Gene

Pushead

Why would you need a fretboard protector?  I've never quite understood why ESP ships with them, but in over 25 years of having guitars in cases, I've never found myself saying "man the frets would be in such better condition if they were protected while sitting in the case."

Gene T.

I just like my guitars to be complete and maybe it will protect it from something. But the main thing is that i just want my guitar stuff to be complete. 

Duraes87

25 years of having guitars and you dont know what is the purpose of having a fret protector? They do exactly what the name suggests. They protect the frets of moisture left on the strings and keeps the frets clean and shiny. 

Pushead

Lol.  I understand what they do, I've never needed one.  I've never seen a Gibson or Fender ship with one.  You don't void your warranty by not having one.

Gisornator

Hey,

in germany is an official ESP dealer called Sound-Service. They ship europe wide so you don't have to expect high shippment costs. http://www.sound-service.eu/de-de/gitarren-b-sse/esp-ltd/index.html

Check "dutch" as language, go to ESP Standard, accessoirs and on the 4th page or so you have the protectors for different scales. They are about 7€ which is quite okay. 

Big Daddy B

Actually aside from corrosion I think that they are also supposed to protect your frets from getting dented in case the top of the case is compressed or during a fall. I have never seen this happen to any of my guitars but there are pictures on the net and it looks pretty nasty. ESP is not the only company providing them now. My Tom Anderson Pro Am came with one as well.

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I may be in the market for a protector and my search led me here.

Big Daddy B

In case anyone is interested, I just bought a bunch of protectors from Allparts for $6 each.

Eduardo M.

I was looking for one too. My dog chew one of my protectors. Can´t find it online for sale. 

Keith R.

Understanding the purpose of a fret protector not withstanding, it is cool to have all the original swag that comes with a high end guitar. I own 12 ESP's of various models and wish that I had all of that stuff. It's a collector thing☺

Eduardo M.

I bought a few in this website a few months ago. http://www.philiamusik.biz/  Its all in chinese, just type FREATBOARD PROTECTOR in the search bar.

Good folks to deal with.

Post to Thread