• Denny G.

    the 1billion question

    Hail all you bangers! I decided to ask here because I'm not able to take a decision by myself..first of all, sorry if it happends to come across some spelling mistakes, then: I recently made the best deal of my life (consider the prices in dollars even if they're in euros), I got a splitted marshall jubilee 4x12 cab, a rockman octopus midi, a roland dep5 and..a rackmount mesa dual rec 2 channel for 800 bucks. now, I'm selling away everything inspite the mesa because I had it in my whislist for years... BUT, there is this m2 (which has been listed in my whishlist before the mesa), for sale for 950 bucks. I'm tempted to sell the mesa and get the esp, also because I'm planning to use a mark iv as main amp, so the dual would be just an added cool thing in my collection. Resuming: sell the 2rec to get the m2 and then lately get the mark iv?

    • Hans B.

      You got all that stuff for 800€? That's a crazy deal. I wouldn't get rid of a 2 channel dual rectifier for an m-ii. I would save money and buy it when I can. If you get rid of the DR you will regret it later! 

      • Denny G.

        Yes, a very good deal (considering it is a 2 channel rack, which is said to be the best dual rec)...I had to drive for 300 chilometers to get the stuff but the announce appeared while I was watching randomly in an italian sale site and I answered first. Anyway the problem is I that I need a guitar and I'm broke (I'm at university now, so no incomes at all). I've been playing the mesa 2/3 times a week at home from 2 months, but I don't find it's tone that amazing (of course it has balls and personality, but seems not fit to me), I like more the 5150 sound for the rhythm and the mark one for the leads (but also the tightness of his rhythms). I bought it just because the price was so low (even if here prices are decreasing due to crisis, which is also the reason why it's impossible to find a job) and told myself "if it sounds right to me I'll keep it, if it won't I'll sell it". I'm not in love with it, but I don't want to give it away for a ridicously low price, I tried to find some german sale sites, but I foun nothing. I'll wait and see, If a good offer comes I'll sell it, if not I'll keep it.


    Cancel