ESP Vintage Series year?

Updated
Kungfumailman

I just purchased a surf green ESP Vintage Series Strat style.  There's lots of info on the Vintage Plus but I can't find anything on the Vintage series. The only numbers are on the neck plate: 18214  Any knowledge of this model out there?

-Kungfumailman

jt76

I belive these were made around 1990 - 1991 after the 400 series but just before the traditional series,  I don't have any proof of this, its just a guess.  It looks a lot like a 400 series.   Does it have large xj frets or small vintage frets?  

Kungfumailman

This has the smaller vintage frets.. 

jt76

it has the fender style neck pocket instead of the esp style neck pocket that is cut at an angle and vintage frets is appears to be the same as a 400 series,

if you are comfortable taking the neck off there is a chance it will have some information in the neck pocket or on the heal of the neck.  I personally think these are

very high quality,  I have owned two 400 series strats,  as well as a seymour duncan strat made by esp, and a vintage plus.  They are better than any modern

production fender in my opinion.  I have seen the 400 series strats labeled,  400 , 400 series, esp ( with no other information), series, and now vintage series.  I don't

have any catalogs that old, so I can't verify any dates.   These were made from the early 80's until 1991.  I still suspect this to be from the end of that run.  It Should

have all stock esp hardware,  and esp pickups.   Compared to other strat pickups I have used they are good quality.   

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread