Esp M1 question

Updated
masthefool m.

Did Esp ever make a M1 with Hum/single configuration? Did they have the same headstock as the lynch tyger? Where the bodies very rounded off?

jt76

I don't belive so,  there is a LTD L2 that was made in the first run of LTD guitars,  It would have the bannana headstock like the orange purple lynch tiger, a hum single config and would come in a solid or possibly transparent paint,  nothing exotic like the lynch stripes.   I think they had fairly square edges like the orange purple lych tiger if i remeber correctly.  There are also ESP m1 guitars that have the vintage style headstock and a hum single config, they have rounded edge bodies.  

I can also think of a hum single esp with a square edge body and and the older version of the pointy headstock but I think this was considered m2 

JosE(S)Ph

Yeah they did.  It was called the M1 Custom.  Most came with one humbucker but mine has a humbucker in the bridge position and a slant single in the neck position.  The guitar body is square-edged, not rounded, and the headstock is the original pointy one (just like a Jackson.)  Mine was painted in "flip flop" blue, which changes from blue to purple as you move the guitar.  Very cool.

Scott G.

I have a black M-1 with the rounded body (much like a strat) and ESP strat style headstock like on the Lynch Tiger and it has a hum and single coil and just a volume knob. I would place it around 1990 build.

Fyl

Didnt  the "1" in m1 refer to the single-humbucker config???

HS are probably aftermarket mods or frankenstrats 

JosE(S)Ph

It might mean that now, but back in the 80s there were M1 Customs with a humbucker in the bridge and a slant single coil in the neck position.  I bought one brand new from an ESP dealer and it was not an aftermarket mod and it said "M1 Custom" on the headstock.  They did things that weren't in the catalog like reverse headstocks and extra pickups, which weren't like the ones in the catalog.

Keith S.
JosE(S)Ph wrote:

It might mean that now, but back in the 80s there were M1 Customs with a humbucker in the bridge and a slant single coil in the neck position.  I bought one brand new from an ESP dealer and it was not an aftermarket mod and it said "M1 Custom" on the headstock.  They did things that weren't in the catalog like reverse headstocks and extra pickups, which weren't like the ones in the catalog.

Joseph - Hope you are still around/active in the forum. Been searching for this answer for a long time. My M-1 Custom is exactly as you speak of, only it has no serial number anywhere, not drilled for the back plate, and has the slant neck single coil. I've posted this very question in the forum in a couple of places, but no responses in the last several months. Thanks! Keith

emora d.

When you purchase a new home, you're the first owner, which means you won't have to worry about any hidden issues or surprises that often come with older homes. You can start fresh and have peace of mind knowing that everything in your home is new elis ridge winterville nc, well-maintained, and built to current standards.

kim l.

Dantotsu is the perfect on-the-go companion for anime and manga fans who want to stay current with their preferred series.

Post to Thread