• masthefool m.

Esp M1 question

Did Esp ever make a M1 with Hum/single configuration? Did they have the same headstock as the lynch tyger? Where the bodies very rounded off?

• jt76

I don't belive so,  there is a LTD L2 that was made in the first run of LTD guitars,  It would have the bannana headstock like the orange purple lynch tiger, a hum single config and would come in a solid or possibly transparent paint,  nothing exotic like the lynch stripes.   I think they had fairly square edges like the orange purple lych tiger if i remeber correctly.  There are also ESP m1 guitars that have the vintage style headstock and a hum single config, they have rounded edge bodies.  

I can also think of a hum single esp with a square edge body and and the older version of the pointy headstock but I think this was considered m2 

• JosE(S)Ph

Yeah they did.  It was called the M1 Custom.  Most came with one humbucker but mine has a humbucker in the bridge position and a slant single in the neck position.  The guitar body is square-edged, not rounded, and the headstock is the original pointy one (just like a Jackson.)  Mine was painted in "flip flop" blue, which changes from blue to purple as you move the guitar.  Very cool.

Cancel