• TheFamilyGhost

So I got my black pickguard from Terrapin.  All the screw holes matched, but I did have to shave the neck pocket slightly to get it to fit.  May have over shaved it by just a hair, making sure it wasn't too tight, but it looks good!  I'd rather have it a little loose anyways, as I don't want the plastic rubbing on the neck tightly and damaging it.  Overall I'd say they did a good job with it, the material had a few marks on it after I peeled off the plastic, but nothing terrible or worth complaining about.  I'd say go for it, as long as you know it will fit your Vintage Plus. 

• jt76

Thanks thats good to know,  I will keep it in mind when I start that project.  My vintage plus has a pearl pickguard and duncan rails.  The duncan rails sound very modern to me.  I was going to switch to lollar pickups with a black pickguard to give is a vintage sound and look,  I ended up buying an old 400 series instead that sounds more like a vintage spec strat. So now Im keeping the duncan vintage rails in my vintage plus,  I am still thinking about changing to a black pickguard instead of pearl.

Cancel