No more ESP in USA?

Updated
No more ESP in USA?
Well, I didn't know whether to start this here or in General Discussion. I figured it might be safer here, and more relevant. I was going through the NAMM 2013 thread looking for any mention of ESP rebranding and didn't see anything. Then again, it's a fairly beastly thread, and the topics are all over the place. So here's the meat and potatoes of this question: Is there any publicized discussion of ESP pulling the ESP brand from the US market? I've heard from more than one reputable source that ESP is working on withdrawing ESP from this market, and offering only LTD and LTD Elite. The only way to get your hands on real ESP will be a custom shop order. To be clear, I don't know if this is true or accurate, I'm only asking if anyone else has heard this as well.
DB-VII

Any idea of why they are doing this? Are ESP's not selling well here?

cecilbag

ESP fucked the loyal consumers. Staight up

Geetarguy70

I sent my check for $3,000 to ESP with an apology that I got my custom ordered ESP Lefty Snakebyte so cheap. Now.. On Drum City go look.. The righty SS KH-DC is $5,000. The lefty version of the exact same guitar is $2,699. It should interest you all to know that same righty guitar was $2,000 just one week ago. So it was kind of them to build in the penalty because we all know the $7,000 Snakebyte in plain ole white will be totally worth the extra $4,000 in every way and the sudden price increase on the SS KH-DC is totally justified and will sound so much better than the same guitar that cost $2,000 last week. Also, I'm selling ice in Alaska if any of you are interested. Idiots

guitarsatbmusic

guitarsatbmusic

I sent my check for $3,000 to ESP with an apology that I got my custom ordered ESP Lefty Snakebyte so cheap. Now.. On Drum City go look.. The righty SS KH-DC is $5,000. The lefty version of the exact same guitar is $2,699. It should interest you all to know that same righty guitar was $2,000 just one week ago. So it was kind of them to build in the penalty because we all know the $7,000 Snakebyte in plain ole white will be totally worth the extra $4,000 in every way and the sudden price increase on the SS KH-DC is totally justified and will sound so much better than the same guitar that cost $2,000 last week. Also, I'm selling ice in Alaska if any of you are interested. Idiots

He's not selling a Standard Series KH-DC for $5,000, he's selling a Custom Shop one (which he doesn't have in stock) for that price. You can read, it says out of stock. He's used the same picture as he's obvkiously not landed a Custom Shp one yet. How can he be selling "the exact same guitar" if he doesn't have the guitar at all?
Signature Series is the designation in Japan for Custom Sigs occasionally, so he's also not technically wrong. The lefty is a STANDARD SERIES, just like yours.

JSHRED

Actually, it's my understanding that the old ESP logo is retired effective immediately. Once the current stock is depleted, the 2013 models have the new font. Take a look at the Standard Series on the ESP site and you'll see, all the 2013's have the new font.

jt76

LTD ELITE - back to the begining - build high quality guitars in japan and charge high prices for them, because a real esp costs to much.

1995-1996 ltds of unknown origin, maybe japan but know one really seems to know for sure (correct me if I am wrong ) and the early korean
made ltd's that I have experienced are just a grade above anything LTD produces right now ) That is why I own a bunch of them.

Don't get me wrong it think that the current ltd's usually blow out any competition for value of what you get in the new market. But everyones quality seems to be dropping in my opion.

Thought #2
LTD ELITE - thanks for finally bringing edwards to the US, but with out some of the more interesting models.

Final Comment _ all of that aside - I do really like the ltd elite horizon III

THE LOGO

I will probably not be buying anything with the new logo or the EII brand.
If I have to have it I will probably buy used. I don't have anything against anyone who is not bothered by the new logos or actually likes them. I just don't like them. I guess there is always black paint and waterslides logos from ebay, If there is some new model that I have to have ( although In actuallity I would probably just live with the new logo and it would probably grow on me )

End of the standard series -

Thanks, way to alienate all of us who want a real esp but can afford the custom shop.

signiture series going custom only- I have mixed feelings on this.

I think getting the same guitar at the same spec level that the artist ordered is pretty much the way to go if you want a signiture guitar. And thats probably what you should be buying if you are that into it. But if I am correct you could already order that from the custom shop. So it kinda sucks that the if you just want the look and need better performance than an Ltd, and have a limited budget, that you are now out of luck.

another note

Kaman music is a great example of looking a market research rather than the musicians that use your equipment. I hope thats not whats going on here.

on the other side of the specturm

Read through the Agile guitar forum, their owners are usually excited about their new products. ( if you are not familiar ) agiles
are realatively cheap fairly high quality korean made instuments.
as far as I know there is only one company based in the northeast bringing them into the US. Their product lines are driven almost entirely by direct customer demand and suggestions. I am not saying they are great guitars ( they are a good value for the price ) , but I like the way are running it.

just remeber, it's all going to be ok :)

Esp has a long history of rebranding product lines, logos and markings.
killing off cool models and bringing them back later on, and they are still
doing quite well, so I guess they know what they are doing.

all in all
All of this makes me appreciate the Esp guitars I already own, a whole lot more.

Sorry If I am ranting - wait - no I am not - thanks for reading

Soilwork

The funny thing would be if ESP fails at this, and goes back to their old model. Then the E-II guitars become super collectible.

xAsh-

I know it sounds crude, but if its just the new logo that is undesirable, just get a decal of the old one? it wouldnt be blashpemous like putting an esp logo on an LTD, seeing as how its a proper made in japan guitar anyway

Geetarguy70

I was bummed to find out my custom ESP Snakebyte wasn't made of Honduran Mahogany and that Shane could have gotten me a better plain white ESP Snakebyte for only $3,000 more because Sig models are crap made by child slaves even though ESP confirmed my custom lefty Sig serious ESP Snakebtye was made by the same builder and in the same factory as the $3,000 more expensive ones. But I won't let facts ruin a good rip off artists attempt to fool you that a guitar can be $3,000 improved based on zip code

guitarsatbmusic

I was bummed to find out my custom ESP Snakebyte wasn't made of Honduran Mahogany and that Shane could have gotten me a better plain white ESP Snakebyte for only $3,000 more because Sig models are crap made by child slaves even though ESP confirmed my custom lefty Sig serious ESP Snakebtye was made by the same builder and in the same factory as the $3,000 more expensive ones. But I won't let facts ruin a good rip off artists attempt to fool you that a guitar can be $3,000 improved based on zip code

You're still talking this crap?
You still do not have a custom shop Snakebyte.
You still don't have custom Trucksters despite claiming they were.
When you've actually played both, then you can speak to it.
And you're still not James Hetfield

load more replies (1 of 1)
Qucifer

So... I'm confused. What exactly will be the difference between the "E-II" and the "LTD Elite"? Why not just consolidate it all under one name or the other?

michaelmas

So... I'm confused. What exactly will be the difference between the "E-II" and the "LTD Elite"? Why not just consolidate it all under one name or the other?
One made in Japan, the other in North-Korea?

Dunno, was wondering the same thing.

Would love a quality M-II, regardless of logo issues, I just want quality.

Qucifer

Still doesn't make any sense. LTD Elite also made in Japan...

Mr.Dahl

Still doesn't make any sense. LTD Elite also made in Japan...

LTD's , but made in Japan instead. E-II = ESP Standard made in Japan. Seems like ESP want to make everything in Japan.. LTD and ESP.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Geetarguy70

If it's not Honduran mahogany I don't want it. Even though Hetfields and Adlers are just plain old mahogany, I need that $7,000 shit

Qucifer

So if an LTD Elite M-II is made in Japan, and an E-II M-II (?) is made in Japan, then what's the difference?

I've never played an LTD (just lots of ESPs), so I honestly have no idea.

But they both look exactly the same on paper. If that's the case, then it doesn't make any sense to me.

Explorer45

So if an LTD Elite M-II is made in Japan, and an E-II M-II (?) is made in Japan, then what's the difference?

I've never played an LTD (just lots of ESPs), so I honestly have no idea.

But they both look exactly the same on paper. If that's the case, then it doesn't make any sense to me.

Just because they are made in the same country doesn't mean the quality of woods and attention to detail is the same.

MV-CTM

the price difference difference seems to be the E-II come with a case and LTD Elite don't lol

Qucifer

How much difference in detail and wood selection could there be between a $1499 and a $1599 guitar?

Mr.Dahl

Guitars Rebellion:

E-II M-II CTM Black - In Coming 04 / 05.2013, Pre-Order Open! - 1649€ - BUY IT NOW!

LTD Elite M-II See Thru Black - In Coming 06.2013, Pre-Order Open! - 1479€ - BUY IT NOW!

Fucked up prices..

JSHRED

Guitars Rebellion:

Fucked up company.

Fixed it for you.

guitarsatbmusic

So who was the builder? :) Thousands of guitars are built in Saitama, I've no doubt it was built in the same workshop. However, Standard and Signature Series are team built, Custom Shop built by one guy. And yes, custom guys also have a hand in team built production. That is not news. It still does not make it a custom shop guitar :)

Post to Thread