explorer help please guys !!!

Updated
ICERUNNER
Evening my fellow esp lovers this is my 1st post on here and i came across this over the weekend bought it for 300 quid and wow im very impressed carnt find much info on it apart from the ltd version but this is the full esp version 2003 model year included the hard case in fret board cover any help would be awsome guys thanks andy
Trendkill

Looks like an Ex to me, going by the headstock... but for 300 quid, not a bad price at all. What about the body?

ICERUNNER

hya buddy thanks carnt upload the body picture it wont let me
but its got what i think is a set of emg 81s bolted into it full gotoh hardware
this thing is amazing to play and its so lite as well

its got a different shape body to my esp hetfiled black album version

Trendkill

its got a different shape body to my esp hetfiled black album replica ????

You should run and hide if that replica came from China.

Congrats on finally owning a real ESP guitar. Can't imagine the chinese fake set much of a benchmark :D

ICERUNNER

the only thing chinese are good at is beef fried rice not into fakes i used the wrong wording there im sorry
this one i have came from a good freiend of mine in the states ive known for the 20 years plus ive been playing

sorry for the confusion

Explorer45

Congrats dude. 300 bucks is a fukin steal.

ICERUNNER

how come on the webiste they list the esp ex as having egm 81 60
and yet mine has the 81 81 setup

not knocking the sound ive never had a guitar that gets so close to the metallica sound

this is my 1st esp has ive always used other brands so to speak ?????

thanks in advance guys

andy c

mihnea

Strange but I have no idea, sometimes specs change mid-year. I am assuming yours isn't brand new, so whatever it says on ESP's website today is only valid for guitars produced this year.

ICERUNNER

Rite exelent help guys make sense now thanks for all your help
since im new to this fourum il post some pics of all my gear and let you guys have a look
any input would be gladly recieved

andy c

load more replies (1 of 1)
ICERUNNER

Ok guys finally sorted my phone out for taking pictures

these are what i have at the moment

1. esp ex emg 81,81

2. esp explorer emg 81,60

both have fitted esp hard cases and are fast becomeing my pride and joy :hat

mihnea

Ok guys finally sorted my phone out for taking pictures

these are what i have at the moment

1. esp ex emg 81,81

2. esp explorer emg 81,60

both have fitted esp hard cases and are fast becomeing my pride and joy :hat

Nice one man!!! Is the older explorer a bolt-on neck?

ICERUNNER

Will do just at work at the moment being board to death In a training session !!!!!! Arrrrrr !!!!!!'

What u thinking if u don't mind me asking

Gfunk

I like threw necks.

ICERUNNER

Yeh hold hard bud just got back home

ICERUNNER

ok here you go neck pics as requested

thanks
andy c

k0nrad

ok here you go neck pics as requested

thanks
andy c

the neck of the mx250 is a bit odd. i have two of them and they dont have that step in the neck joint.

mihnea

You're one lucky bastard man! I dunno how much you paid for the MX-250 from your uncle but that is a really nice guitar :)

Gfunk

A rosebud bored and a stepped set neck MX is not very common. Does it have a cereal number?

What is the story morning glory?

Trendkill

Is that a black MX-220?

Gfunk

Kinda looks like it, but the pics are just too atrocious to tell.

mihnea

Andy, any chance you could take some bigger and higher resolution pictures of the MX for us please?

Trendkill

The guy has a great talent for non descriptive pictures :D. Post some full body images please man. Either that or Gfunk is gonna post some boobs....

Post the boobs.

ICERUNNER

yeh sure im onit the reason there crap res is i use my iphone but have to reduce the quality to upload to here the proper ones are 5.4 mb in file size

the story goes my uncle was a music teacher at penn state university and hes used to buy the guitars that the students would advertise on campus over the years hes had fenders, gibsons, gretch etc etc
but when it all went tits up and the dollor went south he had to sell everything all his realstate his guitars amps studio equipment etc etc to make ends meet

i knew he has this but he said it needed some work and he said u can have it but dont sell it under any circumstances
and 3 weeks ago it arrived at my house.

Trendkill

Upload them to your FB man, and right click, copy image address... and post using the yellow square above the chat message.

Think that is a MX-220... but we won't know until you show a pic of the front. Looks rounder than the MX-250.

ICERUNNER

Ok il post some more just out at the minute doin the inlaw thing.

Bas D.

Ok il post some more just out at the minute doin the inlaw thing.

Nice.

Grace C.

I can help you in this matter, I have a lot of free time and I can help you in writing any work for the university, you can go to my page or write to me personally. cc

Post to Thread