ESP The Mirage Deluxe

Updated
Annia
I just recently ordered an ESP mirage deluxe and its on its way :D. I was wondering, though, what are your opinions on the guitar? I've heard early ESP's are really good and this one is pre-lawsuit. Thanks for the responses and ill post pics as soon as I get it. Oh, and Im new to the forums :)
Annia

Bump

1point8t

They're great guitars... good woods, very well put together, stock pickups are great as well. I've owned several and have nothing but good things to say... most importantly is how the guitar feels to you in your hands.

mihnea

pre-lawsuit for what on a Mirage???

mihnea

Ah my bad, I half ignored the fact they had done Mirages with Jackson style headstocks :)

Annia

Yeah the one I'm getting is with the Jackson headstock but it's not reversed. Well thanks for the info. I really wanted to make sure it was a good guitar

1point8t

As long as it's in good playing shape, you'll love it.

BLS

+1 ^

Post some pics when you get it!

Annia

Sure will. It's a really nice aqua blue with what I believe to be a gold ofr. Tomorrow I'll be posting the pics

1point8t

Did you snag it off GC's used site?

Annia

Did you snag it off GC's used site?

Actually yes. I've been after one for a while and this one showed up. Wasn't badly priced and I decided to get it

1point8t

Cool... hope it's a nice one!

Metlupass2

What does it look like?

Annia

Ill post pics tomorrow when it gets here. Its gonna be one long day waiting for UPS.....

Annia

Let me ask you guys a question. The ESP is a little beat up. Several scratches and dens in body. What concerns me is the headstock. It looks like the tip got hit before and was sanded and made rounded instead of pointed. I payed 449. Is it a good deal?

Metlupass2

Maybe depending how bad it is. Did they describe it accurately cause if not I'd call and bitch a fit. They will give you a discount cause they will not want it back.

JSHRED

Might not be a bad deal, but might not be a great deal either.
I think some colors add more collectible value, too. Also, at the end of the day, even if it's a fun beater workhorse guitar, it all comes down to this:
How does it feel?
How does it sound?
If those aspects are great, then condition might be something you can overlook. In some ways it's nice to have a gigging guitar that you don't have to worry about playing live with a belt on.

Pictures!

Annia

Update: I got my money back because that guitar was in pretty bad condition and I want paying 500 for that. Maybe 250 but not 500.

Gfunk

Anyone else notice there are no fucking pics in this thread?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread