Does this sound right to you?..

Updated
GRAVESEED
I wanted to order a Standard Series ESP Eclipse II USA FT in Black Aqua Sunburst w/ Duncans. Price quote came back at $2300 CDN. I thought this was too much. So I asked to get rid of the flame top and Black Aqua Sunburst finish. And just go with a Maple top with Gloss black finish. Dealer seems to think the price would be "about the same". Is that fair?. If the price comes back for the Gloss Black at $2300, should I forget the whole thing? Waiting for supplier's price quote on Monday.
GRAVESEED

Full Thickness...

That link is actually of a Eclipse II quilt maple in Reindeer Blue.

GRAVESEED

I actually think I may have confused the fuck out of them by saying FT and Flame Top. Although I'm pretty sure i mentioned "Full-Thickness Body" in the spec list

The original order was a Full Thickness Eclipse II with a flame maple top and Black Aqua Sunburst finish.
Price was too much, so I change my order to Regular maple top and Gloss Black finish. With that I was at least expecting a $200 or more price drop from the Black Aqua Sunburst

GRAVESEED

Here's the spec list of the Gloss Black. Which i am waiting for a price quote for.

ESP Eclipse II FT
-Full-Thickness Body
-Maple Top
-Finish: Gloss Black
-Headstock Color: Black
-White Multi-ply Binding: Top/Back/Headstock
-Bridge Pickup: Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid
-Neck Pickup: Duncan '59
-Hardware Color: Gold
-Bound Ebony Fingerboard
-22 Jumbo Frets
-Thin U Neck Contour

Would it be cheaper if I went with actives? or more common passive bridge pickup?

alien.imprint

-White Multi-ply Binding: Top/Back/Headstock

Would it be cheaper if I went with actives? or more common passive bridge pickup?

It's a $50 difference. Also that Back Binding could be raising it up a bit as well? I assume you are doing a Custom Standard order? I ordered 2 Green Horizon NT-II models last year. Trying to do 2 more, and found that the price has increased by $400 each on them.

The funny thing about ordering these Custom Standards, is that the price changes from month to month. It could be higher, or it could be lower. A few factors, the obvious one is currency rates.

GRAVESEED

Yes it's a Custom Standard order. I certainly hope that there is a price difference between the original order and the revised one.

You're saying that the pricing on these things change from month to month. So the final price when it arrives may not be what I was originally quoted?

Geetarguy70

Yes it's a Custom Standard order. I certainly hope that there is a price difference between the original order and the revised one.

You're saying that the pricing on these things change from month to month. So the final price when it arrives may not be what I was originally quoted?

They won't raise the price once you've placed an order. It's that you could place the order then a month later someone else could order the same thing and pay less or pay more. Like buying anything, the price can fluctuate but they won't raise it once you order. That locks in that price good or bad

GRAVESEED

Good to know.

Murdoc

Dude, that's some sick specs.:cool: I'm diggin' the gloss black/ebony board combination.:hat Duncan Passives FTW and 22 frets instead of 24.8o The only thing is I would want extra jumbo frets(so they'll pretty much last forever) and black hardware. Other than that i likey the specs!

GRAVESEED

I'm sure they'll put the XJ frets on it anyway.

Murdoc

I'm sure they'll put the XJ frets on it anyway.
Yeah, they're nice. Might as well just get them and know you'll never need a re-fret job. Worse comes to worse you just have a "fret dress" done and they get re-leveled. My dad has a '64 Hagstrom and you can't even play it cause the frets are so worn down.:(

GRAVESEED

I had an old Ibanez EX series, the frets were almost nothing, i loved it.
Although you have a very good point about the life of the frets before a complete refret. It seems to be the way to go.

GRAVESEED

Pricing I got I should be able to deal with.

This part is going to sound really really dumb.
I don't play a lot of Tune-o-matic bridges. I remember picking up an Epiphone LP and playing it little over a year ago and going "what the fuck is this?".. The bridge was way too high.

Am I going to have that same issue with the Eclipse? or are they two completely different beasts?.

I think I've read somewhere on this forum that the neck angles between Gibson LPs and Eclipses are different. Is that true?

The dealer has an Eclipse II VB in stock which I'm going to try out in a couple of weeks before I make my deposit.

sigm.xiria

Pricing I got I should be able to deal with.

This part is going to sound really really dumb.
I don't play a lot of Tune-o-matic bridges. I remember picking up an Epiphone LP and playing it little over a year ago and going "what the fuck is this?".. The bridge was way too high.

Am I going to have that same issue with the Eclipse? or are they two completely different beasts?.

I think I've read somewhere on this forum that the neck angles between Gibson LPs and Eclipses are different. Is that true?

The dealer has an Eclipse II VB in stock which I'm going to try out in a couple of weeks before I make my deposit.

How much did you get quoted this round? :)

I switch between a Viper, a Gibson Les Paul (from 58), a Fender strat and an MH style guitar with a Floyd rose. My favorite bridge is the TOM on my Viper :) I played an Eclipse and it was similar.

GRAVESEED

$2250 ($50 less than the flame top)

I might wait for the Canada/Japan free trade thing to go through and see if any of the guitars at DCGL are eligible.

Post to Thread