M-ii choices

Updated
gabsonuro
So im pretty much set on an m-ii and i am getting one tommorow but, i have some questions. The m-ii comes in the maple neck with the SDs, and the rosewood only comes with the emg 81s. Let me say this, i prefer the maple neck and it HAS to be a bolt on. But i have no idea about the jb and the 59 and if they can do metal. I have an 81 on my schecter and on high gain the thing buzzes like crazy. The buzz is rediculous i have to use the 85 every time. I cannot try out the guitars. I can only try out the lesser ltd models. So can the duncans do metallica and metal stuff without the fuzz?
5150-Viper

So im pretty much set on an m-ii and i am getting one tommorow but, i have some questions.
The m-ii comes in the maple neck with the SDs, and the rosewood only comes with the emg 81s.

Let me say this, i prefer the maple neck and it HAS to be a bolt on. But i have no idea about the jb and the 59 and if they can do metal.
I have an 81 on my schecter and on high gain the thing buzzes like crazy. The buzz is rediculous i have to use the 85 every time.

I cannot try out the guitars.
I can only try out the lesser ltd models.

So can the duncans do metallica and metal stuff without the fuzz?

Listen to Lamb Of God.. there is your answer

cecilbag

They can do metal I'm sure you'll love it. I've got a maple mii and it kills

antikue

I'm sure the maple M-II will do metalz just as well. The JB is approx equal to the EMG outputwise anyway - the voicing is just different. IMO EMG 81 with the maple neck would be excessively bright and harsh. My M-II with the neck-through-body construction (rw fretboard) was a treble-galore. I tried in it several Duncan passives and IMO they all worked there. Maybe the Alternative 8 was the favourite, in standard tuning anyway, due to a low-ish resonant peak and huge sound. Distortion works great too, it will deliver the output and compression plus nice clean sound, something the actives often fail to do.

cecilbag

Duncan distortion is my favorite. I have parallel axis in my mii and it works great

guitarsatbmusic

So im pretty much set on an m-ii and i am getting one tommorow but, i have some questions.
The m-ii comes in the maple neck with the SDs, and the rosewood only comes with the emg 81s.

Let me say this, i prefer the maple neck and it HAS to be a bolt on. But i have no idea about the jb and the 59 and if they can do metal.
I have an 81 on my schecter and on high gain the thing buzzes like crazy. The buzz is rediculous i have to use the 85 every time.

I cannot try out the guitars.
I can only try out the lesser ltd models.

So can the duncans do metallica and metal stuff without the fuzz?

How are you getting it tomorrow if you can't try it?

Anyhow, get whichever fingerboard you prefer, pickups can be changed

gabsonuro

Im going to the store to get it. They dont have any on the floor to try only in the box. The store is mainly an online store but they have a retail site. They dont let you open the box and try it out because then it becomes used. They have just about every esp so its only a matter of which i want.

Guitar God

Yes, they can handle metal suff. For example, Will Adler uses the JB/59 combo, Michael Amott used 'em before he went to Dean, and Dave Mustaine used the JB/Jazz combo for a long time before he had his signature pickups made. And yeah, if you have the $$ to get a high end guitar, why wouldn't they let you try them both out and see which one you like better? Kinda odd.

Murdoc

Sounds like that store wouldn't get a fucking penny from me. Fuckin guitar nazis is what they are!

NO ESP FOR YOU !!!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread