ESP Urban Camo Finish

Updated
ESP Urban Camo Finish
Hey all, I got some Scratch Pads to protect the back of my guitars and it say's they're fine for polyurethane finishes, but not nitrocellulose or french polish. Is the finish on the ESP M-II Urban Camo a poly finish, I would think so, but it is a satin finish as opposed to the glossy finish of my others.
Murdoc

Let that mutha get scratched. Scratches give the instrument character.

But seriously, I would be willing to bet it's a poly. Nitrocellulose is usually on like old LP's, isn't it?

Iron Dog

Thanks, yeah from what I know certain Fender's and Gibson's have the nitro finish. My Gibson 78 re-issue explorer seems to have a nitro finish. I figured the M-II was poly, just not sure because of the satin finish.

Let that mutha get scratched. Scratches give the instrument character.

But seriously, I would be willing to bet it's a poly. Nitrocellulose is usually on like old LP's, isn't it?

Fender868

Yeah , it should be poly. Nitro is a really old school finish and, as some of the guys mentioned above, was in common use in the 50's to mid 70's. Some people use a light masking tape and a sort of tissue mat or a soft rag. It can also help muffle the sound refraction in the trem cavity. Worst comes to worst, avoid heavy belt buckles and accept the wear and tear.

xZYRYABx

Hey all, I got some Scratch Pads to protect the back of my guitars and it say's they're fine for polyurethane finishes, but not nitrocellulose or french polish.

Is the finish on the ESP M-II Urban Camo a poly finish, I would think so, but it is a satin finish as opposed to the glossy finish of my others.

Not 100% sure but i'd say poly as well for the vast majority of 80s onwards esps....I have scratch pads on all my ESPs and have no problems to report

Post to Thread