Fitting for a ESP

Updated
gabsonuro
I want to get an esp and i dont know what would fit this..... Im looking for a esp not an ltd. I play: Lots of metallica Ozzy Mostly metal I like: PRS style thick necks 24.75 scale Bolt on necks Maple necks Blade headstock Flamed maple top Prefer dual cutaway Tremolo is w/e dont really care if its there I play through a gibson les paul studio and a schecter hellraiser. I like the gibson more the schecter's neck feels really big Im 16 and about medium to high skill level i have medium sized fingers medium hand size What would you reccomend and when do the 2012 models come out?
Bas D.

the new 2012 ESP's are just revealed! they're on the ESP website. As far as guitar, maybe a KH-2 bolt on?

Bas D.

And welcome ;)

Geetarguy70

I want to get an esp and i dont know what would fit this..... Im looking for a esp not an ltd.

I play:
Lots of metallica
Ozzy
Mostly metal

I like:
PRS style thick necks
24.75 scale
Bolt on necks
Maple necks
Blade headstock
Flamed maple top
Prefer dual cutaway
Tremolo is w/e dont really care if its there

I play through a gibson les paul studio and a schecter hellraiser. I like the gibson more the schecter's neck feels really big

Im 16 and about medium to high skill level i have medium sized fingers medium hand size

What would you reccomend and when do the 2012 models come out?

Just demand one of the board members here give you his Jim Root Tele :D

OutlawTorn

Just demand one of the board members here give you his Jim Root Tele :D

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

get a hetfield or a hammett and call it a day. OR go into a music store that stocks ESPs and play them all, find the one you like the most for playability, and the tone you feel suits what your looking for...and buy that guitar.

Spoonylove

Eclipse II.

Lock her up Mod, I've solved his problems.

gabsonuro

Eclipse II.

Lock her up Mod, I've solved his problems.

Not crazy about les paul shapes for soloing... The cutaway feels clunky at the high frets and my medium hands struggle with speed down there

How are the esp ex/fx series?

shathe

seriously though, after a little thought... you should go and try out an SG standard, or maybe SG 24. the necks are kind of set out further from the body so you have very good access to higher frets, and if you like gibson necks, you'll like the gibson neck.

for me, the FX is comfortable EXCEPT close to the body.
the red line across the 22 fret in the pics tells the story.
the SG has about an inch of clearance, while the fx has a negative inch of clearance...
(still like both guitars though) both guitars are very light and have good playability. the FX just ends a little sooner..
sorry the pics are so small. i'm not sure how people post the giganto pics in their posts

gabsonuro

Im kind of set on a KH-2/FX/or a M-ii. What neck shape for esp is comparable to the really thick PRS necks? And i heard that the ex/fx are really neck heavy and hard to solo with standing up

gabsonuro

But for the price of the kh-2 i can get both the m-ii and the ex/fx lol

Spoonylove

The M-II will feel nothing like your Schecter. I currently own a C-1, and have owned an M-II. The KH2 is in the same vein, pretty thin, albeit comfortable, neck.

shathe

yeah i, i have a kh-2se (NT) and the neck is pretty thin. i'm thinking the m-ii will have about the same neck. i think the fx neck would be closer to what you're looking for and the scale is what you wanted. maybe a viper style would do as well, not sure what those necks are like though. (personally, i'm not into vipers. i'm sure they are fine, but the shape just looks like they are trying to avoid a gibson lawsuit by squishing the body.) if you're anywhere near a shop just go try stuff out there.

RE: comfort of FX. i find the body shape VERY comfy. my arm kind of rests right across the body. as for the neck heavy thing, lift some weights! naw, just kidding. i think if you got a wide woven cotton strap that won't slip around your body like a poly strap, that would probably take care of the problem. the FX is really light, so it's not like the neck is actually 'heavy', it's just heavier than the body at the balance point. i suppose you could attach a little weight to the strap at the body side to have it balance better. it's light enough.

gabsonuro

Ive beek looking all over the web for an ex/fx and i cant find one. Im prob gonna shell out the cash for a m-ii+sg standard+ ex. Any other suggestions? Doesent have to only be esp i.e other brands

shathe

Ive beek looking all over the web for an ex/fx and i cant find one. Im prob gonna shell out the cash for a m-ii+sg standard+ ex. Any other suggestions? Doesent have to only be esp i.e other brands

buying all three? WoW.

gabsonuro

I was also thinking of getting a PRS 513 or custom 22/24. Anyone have any experience with prses?

Justinschut

You should really just get out there and play lots and lots of guitars and see what you like. It's all about preference. Some people like fast superstrats, others like fat Les Paul necks. Some like the snappy bolt on maple fretboard sound, others like an all mahogany set neck guitar with rosewood board

Murdoc

Your on the ESP Board, get an ESP or you will anger the guitar gods.

shathe

the guitar gods are dead...

cecilbag

eclipse has much better access than a paul

Justinschut

Viper has much better awesome than an SG

Kannon

Viper has much better awesome than an SG

+1

The quality difference alone will be huge. Gibsons from the factory have so many dead frets, you'd think they were running a concentration camp for fretwire in Nashville.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread