• gabsonuro

Fitting for a ESP

I want to get an esp and i dont know what would fit this..... Im looking for a esp not an ltd.

I play:
    Lots of metallica
    Ozzy
    Mostly metal

I like:
    PRS style thick necks
    24.75 scale
    Bolt on necks
    Maple necks
    Blade headstock
    Flamed maple top
    Prefer dual cutaway
    Tremolo is w/e dont really care if its there

I play through a gibson les paul studio and a schecter hellraiser. I like the gibson more the schecter's neck feels really big

Im 16 and about medium to high skill level i have medium sized fingers medium hand size

What would you reccomend and when do the 2012 models come out?

• Bas D.

the new 2012 ESP's are just revealed! they're on the ESP website. As far as guitar, maybe a KH-2 bolt on?

• Geetarguy70

I want to get an esp and i dont know what would fit this..... Im looking for a esp not an ltd.

I play:
      Lots of metallica
      Ozzy
      Mostly metal

I like:
      PRS style thick necks
      24.75 scale
      Bolt on necks
      Maple necks
      Blade headstock
      Flamed maple top
      Prefer dual cutaway
      Tremolo is w/e dont really care if its there

I play through a gibson les paul studio and a schecter hellraiser. I like the gibson more the schecter's neck feels really big

Im 16 and about medium to high skill level i have medium sized fingers medium hand size

What would you reccomend and when do the 2012 models come out?

Just demand one of the board members here give you his Jim Root Tele :D

• Spoonylove

Eclipse II.

Lock her up Mod, I've solved his problems.

• shathe

seriously though, after a little thought... you should go and try out an SG standard, or maybe SG 24. the necks are kind of set out further from the body so you have very good access to higher frets, and if you like gibson necks, you'll like the gibson neck.

for me, the FX is comfortable EXCEPT close to the body.
      the red line across the 22 fret in the pics tells the story.
      the SG has about an inch of clearance, while the fx has a negative inch of clearance...
      (still like both guitars though) both guitars are very light and have good playability. the FX just ends a little sooner..
      sorry the pics are so small. i'm not sure how people post the giganto pics in their posts

• gabsonuro

Im kind of set on a KH-2/FX/or a M-ii. What neck shape for esp is comparable to the really thick PRS necks? And i heard that the ex/fx are really neck heavy and hard to solo with standing up

• gabsonuro

But for the price of the kh-2 i can get both the m-ii and the ex/fx lol

• Spoonylove

The M-II will feel nothing like your Schecter. I currently own a C-1, and have owned an M-II. The KH2 is in the same vein, pretty thin, albeit comfortable, neck.

• shathe

yeah i, i have a kh-2se (NT) and the neck is pretty thin. i'm thinking the m-ii will have about the same neck. i think the fx neck would be closer to what you're looking for and the scale is what you wanted. maybe a viper style would do as well, not sure what those necks are like though. (personally, i'm not into vipers. i'm sure they are fine, but the shape just looks like they are trying to avoid a gibson lawsuit by squishing the body.) if you're anywhere near a shop just go try stuff out there.

RE: comfort of FX. i find the body shape VERY comfy. my arm kind of rests right across the body. as for the neck heavy thing, lift some weights! naw, just kidding. i think if you got a wide woven cotton strap that won't slip around your body like a poly strap, that would probably take care of the problem. the FX is really light, so it's not like the neck is actually 'heavy', it's just heavier than the body at the balance point. i suppose you could attach a little weight to the strap at the body side to have it balance better. it's light enough.

• gabsonuro

Ive beek looking all over the web for an ex/fx and i cant find one. Im prob gonna shell out the cash for a m-ii+sg standard+ ex. Any other suggestions? Doesent have to only be esp i.e other brands

• gabsonuro

I was also thinking of getting a PRS 513 or custom 22/24. Anyone have any experience with prses?

• Justinschut

You should really just get out there and play lots and lots of guitars and see what you like. It's all about preference. Some people like fast superstrats, others like fat Les Paul necks. Some like the snappy bolt on maple fretboard sound, others like an all mahogany set neck guitar with rosewood board

• JDR

Your on the ESP Board, get an ESP or you will anger the guitar gods.

• shathe

the guitar gods are dead...

• cecilbag

eclipse has much better access than a paul

• Justinschut

Viper has much better awesome than an SG

Cancel