Vintage Plus - my journey

Updated
MontyW
I just thought I'd post this as others may 'learn' from it. Over the years I've searched for a guitar that felt right for me - had the right mojo if you get what I mean. I've been fixated on brand, name, style above substance. I started with Fender and moved to ESP - felt straight at home with the Vintage Plus, but recently I have had major gas for something else. My journey has taken my to Gibson and back to Fender. I had major GAS for a 2008 Les Paul. I've spent weeks playing Les Pauls and some high $$$ Fenders. Well lesson learned. If something feels right then man it probably is. I couldn't find a Les Paul that suited either my playing or felt right in the hand. I found a couple of Strats that were very nice, but again didn't feel as right as my ESP. To cut a long stort short, I've ordered another Vintage Plus in white to go with the black one I own. Will post pics when it arrives.
crapthatsloud

Those are killer! I had the chance to put hands on one at a local shop and it made me slightly regret purchasing the fender artist series strat I own.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

cecilbag

Vintage plus are great guitars. The maple board ones make me drool

Scott M.

I have a LTD ST203FR and was curious if the vintage plus neck is simliar?

Spoonylove

I tracked down my dream guitar for over a year, and ended up with a perfect Vintage Plus. Saw it posted on this forum, and knew I had to have it. After waiting patiently, I finally got it.

Congrats on your guitar!

shathe

heh heh, similar path man. first electric: fender american strat. then, some ltd/esps, gibson sg, and i just got a call saying my 2008 les is in. : )
so, pretty similar, except for the ending.
how heavy are the vintages? i have a jk-1 and i think they accidentally used lead instead of mahogany...

it took me a little while to get used to the SG neck and scale, but i'm really warming up to it. especially for playing sabbath.

Post to Thread