Fake ESP Eclipse?

Updated
Fake ESP Eclipse?
found this guitar for sale. Owner said it was purchased for 1,000+ and was asking 400.00 for it.. If it is fake, what is a fake Eclipse even worth? 2-300 dollars? and where is the battery for those active looking pickups. Truss rod cover looks a little funky too..
Brendan Breakdown

back

Metlupass2

It would say eclipse on the headstock. I don't recall ever seeing a matte black Eclipse. There should be a serial number and stamp on the back of the headstock. Maybe its just a shitty LTD that was resprayed. Why are there no pictures of the 12th fret. If its an ESP it would have "ESP". Looks like he purposely isn't showing the 12th fret. There should only be 1 screw holding the truss rod over on.

My vote is fake.

Brendan Breakdown

good call on the 12th fret. I can't seem to find any other Eclipse guitars that have that style of the plastic cover on the back. I wonder how it plays.. what would be a low ball offer on something like this?

Zorlac

Fake
Routing cavity isnt nearly big enough, missing battery, neck joint doesn't seem legit either. plus watt he said^^

Feraledge

I wouldn't rule out a resprayed LTD. Looks slightly older with the wider headstock. Not sure which had the archtop, but I'd say definitely not ESP at the very least.
If it's worth buying? Playability is essential, but assume the worst wood wise, etc. Wouldn't pay more than the used value on an LTD 256 or whatever. But dishonest seller either with you who you'd be buying from or who they bought it from would make me iffy about the whole deal.

Pushead

It's a phoney. Those aren't real EMGs, no battery, and the wiring is wrong.

ESP

Everything about that is fake. Not even an LTD...

Zorlac

Everything about that is fake. Not even an LTD...

exactly

Feraledge

i feel like i just opened my junk mail.

Zorlac

i feel like i just opened my junk mail.

:lol:lol

well played :cool:

cecilbag

+1 on the never ending circle. It's best to just get the real deal, fakes are a nightmare

Michael P.

Thank God i read this.

Post to Thread