Worth replacing Gotoh TOM on Eclipse

Updated
Newfs
Just looking into the TonePros locking saddle and bridge. Anyone know if this would be a worth while investment over the stock Gotoh bridge/tailpeice? And what size would I need for my Eclipse II, the Metric with Large Posts?
Saiko

Just looking into the TonePros locking saddle and bridge.

Anyone know if this would be a worth while investment over the stock Gotoh bridge/tailpeice?

And what size would I need for my Eclipse II, the Metric with Large Posts?

You may want to measure the posts. I actually did this mod with my Eclipse and the stock bushings for the tailpiece actually were USA size large post, not Metric. Also something to keep in mind is that the Gotoh and Tonepros are the exact same thing except for hole/hex screw used to lock the Tonepros; Gotoh makes the bridges and tailpieces for Tonepros. So unless the locking feature is a must-have, you will be wasting your money. The only reason I did it on my Eclipse was because the chrome plating was pitted on the tailpiece and looked like crap.

JonCurcio

No it isn't worth it. I did this and went back to the stock bridge because it sounded better. I also unlocked the tonepros when I used it, which defeats the purpose, because having it locked created a muddier and less open tone which I didn't care for. It's a matter of taste, but I didn't like it. And yes, the large post version with the 2 flathead slots would be the one you would want.

Newfs

Thanks for the feedback... I tend to get GAS every other week. 2 weeks ago I almost bought an ISo-5 for my ISP Gstring which I never use anymore.

Saiko

Thanks for the feedback... I tend to get GAS every other week. 2 weeks ago I almost bought an ISo-5 for my ISP Gstring which I never use anymore.

Nothing wrong with that though, half the part of being a musician is experimenting with different gear on the never ending quest to get your sound. Keep it up!

Post to Thread