Early Horizon info

Updated
Liquid
Hey all. I'm new to the forum and I'm after some info on an the early Horizon models. I've searched the forum and found some little snippets but a lot of the info seems to be outdated. Essentially, I'm looking at what sort of values they are currently commanding (bearing in mind I'm in the UK) and general opinion of them and what information I can get from the serial number such as age of production etc. I've coveted them for many years but have fallen away from the scene over the last 10 years or so. I've never owned an ESP so I'm right out of the loop. I'm looking at an early example with a Jackson headstock with chrome hardware and Synclear trem in Midnight blue with a cream/white binding around the headstock. It has a few age related marks but is very presentable. Can you guys help?
Spoonylove

Liquid! Where's Meryl!?

xchumfiestax

liquid! Where's meryl!?

SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Mission Failed

load more replies (1 of 1)
Liquid

....ok....

Anyone with anything to add with regards to the guitar?

Spoonylove

....ok....

Anyone with anything to add with regards to the guitar?
Oh u mad

1point8t

Late 80's - early 90's production bolt on model... not as common as the neck thrus. Alder body, maple neck, unbound rosewood board, Synclair Floyd copy bridge, ESP rail humbucker similar to a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge and ESP stacked rail humbucker at the neck... what else do you want to know

cecilbag

I was hoping you would show up. You are always the go to guy with solid info. My Horizon doesn't have the x2n look-a-like pick up. That pu came in my m1 custom but my horizon has a normal (exposed pole pieces) type that, as best I can tell, is a schaller pickup. Do you know about these pickups at all? I ask because I love the tone of my horizon and would love to find another one of those pickups. Thanks jedi master. PS: I put a duncan custom custom in my wilton and found its missing balls lol

Liquid

Late 80's - early 90's production bolt on model... not as common as the neck thrus. Alder body, maple neck, unbound rosewood board, Synclair Floyd copy bridge, ESP rail humbucker similar to a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge and ESP stacked rail humbucker at the neck... what else do you want to know

Thanks for the info - it's appreciated. Is there any way to accurately date the guitar from the serial number or is it a more involved affair than that?

Essentially, I'm trying to get a handle on how rare/available they are in terms of their production and how they are regarded by those in the know, as it were.
My interest in ESP started around 1992 so I have no real background prior to that.

obsidian

Dude, post your Horizons!

cecilbag

I just noticed this one doesn't have that flat spot behind the trem like mine does.

1point8t

Yea that weird routing behind the trem wasn't around for long... Page Hamilton's original Horizon has it though. I think it was around the '91 model year.

Dreamfullofzen

Here's my old Horizon.

Looks blue here in this bad pic but it's actually purple. Only seen another one like this on some website on the web.

I've modified it over the years of course...
:D

1point8t

There are a couple complete ones on ebay for $200+, but they look to be in great shape. Steep price, but if you want to keep your guitar original, there ya go.

Trendkill

Love how the guy disappears after getting a quote of 500- 600 dollars

captcoolaid

Ummmmmm mint means perfect WTF

MV-CTM

even in turkey dollars that price is retarded

Justinschut

haha I hope you mean 400, or else I'm afraid your friend might be retarded

Post to Thread