Neck profiles

Updated
MontyW
Can anyone post pictures of the differences between an M-II bolt on neck and Vintage Plus neck? The M is listed as having a extra thin flat contour and the Vintage Plus as a thin U neck contour. Both are listed as being 42mm at the nut, but I cannot find what radius they both are. I'm particularly interested in seeing a picture of the back of a Vintage Plus neck too. Can someone describe the differences between the two contours?
brandono61cr

A pic won't do much good for you , but how I would describe them
M-ii is like a cross between a Jackson sl2h and an ibanez RG . You can (or I can at least) tell that the back is flat . But it isn't "square" like an ibanez
And the vintage plus is just like a strat , might be a little thiner, but not much.
Both feel pretty good .

MontyW

Thanks - that helps! Slightly thinner than a standard strat would be ideal - I need to get out there and check the Vintage out. So the Vintage isn't flat at the back :-)

Big Rich

yea exactly the m2 is kind of like a jackson neck but faster imo

and the vintage neck is like a strat but it seems to be more "modern" shaped and faster

esp makes fast guitars

cecilbag

The m2 bolt on neck is super fast, mines a maple neck and it feels incredible. You really have to feel them for yourself to see if you like it but you can't go wrong with either

load more replies (1 of 1)
strngthbyndstrngth

Can anyone post pictures of the differences between an M-II bolt on neck and Vintage Plus neck?

The M is listed as having a extra thin flat contour and the Vintage Plus as a thin U neck contour. Both are listed as being 42mm at the nut, but I cannot find what radius they both are.

I'm particularly interested in seeing a picture of the back of a Vintage Plus neck too. Can someone describe the differences between the two contours?

The vintage Plus is 42 mm ( 1-5/8") the MII is 43 mm (1-11/16") with a 42 MM nut. The neck is wider on the MII

MontyW

I'm due to try a Vintage Plus later this week - if the neck is slightly thinner than a Strat but is much faster, then hopefully I will have found a replacement for my Standard Strat. The next thing would be to decide if I get the Vintage routed for HSS.

Post to Thread