80's P-Bass copy--need help identifying

Updated
ajn22
Hi, I was hoping someone on this forum might be able to help me identify or verify a bass I have. I bought this a couple of years ago from someone who had owned it for over 20 years, but didn't know much about it. It is an early '80s copy of a '59 Precision Bass with a dead-on Fender headstock. It's Candy Apple Red with an anodized pickguard and a maple fretboard . The only identifying mark on it is a small ESP logo stamped into the neck plate on the back. The neck itself has no stamp or label on it at all, but it is about the nicest P-Bass neck I have ever played, and I have no reason to think the neck was ever changed. It has a skunk stripe and very high quality reverse Kluson style tuners. I know that early on ESP was making copies like these, but I have not seen one quite like this. Anyone here familiar with the very early ESP products, and can shed some light on this bass? Thanks.
Kitsapbass

Nothing on the base of the neck? I have a ESP P/J routed body on its way right now, and it has the ESP logo stamped(I believe, it may also be stamped in slightly as well) where the heel is...

Post to Thread