New ESP to come

Updated
PossyDP
hi guys this is my 2nd post on this forum im member for about a week ive read lot of your topics about the guitars im looking forward to buy. im playing the guitar since late 2008. the first guitar i owned was a crappy low price ibanez then i got my LTD V-401 and i are happeee. ive enough money to get my next guitar...i was between Jackson usa models and ESP M-II. Ive search all the topics about those 2 guitars(how many things could i learn for a jackson on esp forums..well)...i live in greece and here in europe(germany exactly) the lowest price for a USA jackson is about 3.000$ (2250 euro). not to mention the greek prices that go up to 4.000$ dollars for a jackson kv2!!! so i decided to get the ESP M-II with maple fretboard. ive see that for many people the Jackson USA soloists have more comfortable neck than the ESP...and jackson is a better-built guitar with not so big differences compared to ESP M-II. Here in europe i can get the ESP at an ammount of 1.900$ so thats my budget...the price difference is huge between ESP and Jackson USA. so i`d like ask some things about the ESP...because ive no experience with high-price guitars and ive no chance to play with one of them(i live in an island of 120.000 ppl) 1)playing through my ENGL screamer combo...an ESP M-II will have big difference in sound than my LTD v401 with EMG 81? 2) connected with 1 question...for a "cleaner" distortion...which is better, seymour duncan(all of them...blackouts etc) or EMG 81? 3)ive seen some ESP M-II with a black painted floyd rose...and some with a metallic silver...whats the difference? different model, just different colour or...? if i have any further questions i hope u can answer! excuse my english! thanks in advance
PossyDP

thanks a lot sf38...
so this time i`ll try some duncans..dont know which of them as i have about a month to choose between those pickups... blackouts or whatever. though i never use clean channel

thanks again!

edit : i didnt go that esp m-ii has a maple-neck through model...anyone has it??

PossyDP

OK im going to get this one so can u help me what pickups are somehow better for metal sounds? ive an ENGL screamer combo 50 watt...ive enough output with my EMG 81 but im not really satisfied...this time ill get seymour duncans. but dunno which one...blackouts or JB or..?

Gfunk

X2n / 59

load more replies (1 of 1)
antikue

The JB is great IMO, bright and elegant. Blackouts sound huge and are way too powerful for some (not me though). I'd say if the ESP you ordered comes with the factory JB & '59 set leave it be, if it's the EMG one just swap the pickups for Blackouts - no rewiring is needed. The blackouts should drop right in as they utilize the EMG quick connect system.

antikue

Try the DiMarzios first, then :)

Odds are you won't find the perfect combination on the first try, so why not start with the X2n & Ppro. If they don't work for you - pass 'em on and try something else. Swapping pickups is relatively easy and quick once you get the hang of it. I've tried numerous pickup combinations myself and sure enough will be doing so in the future (but first I'll try the Duncan Blackous Modular Preamp!).

Gfunk

Distortion / 59

PossyDP

Gfunk ure confusing! :D as i see dimarzios are based for bettet leads and cleans and seymour for high gains...hm..gfunk which distortion u mean? i see the 59 is the seymour but the distortion?

Gfunk

SH-6 / SH-1 Zebras

PossyDP

so which one of those uve said u think is the best for thrash/death metal?

BeefCake

my new mii has 81,81 and it screams i love it

Ihno M.

I use to plug my M-II UC through a Screamer head.  However, I prefer the EMG 85-85 rather than the 81-81 combo.  I also have a M-II NTB loaded with Blackouts: I like the sound of the bridge pickup, but just the neck pickup did not impressed me.  Play thrash metal, BTW.

As for passive pickups go, you could try a Wilde L500XL / SD '59 combo.

Post to Thread