• NightwindKing

Ah, gotcha. yeah that would make me wary too,

I don't think that's the problem with this guitar. I just heard that he'd shipped it before taking another picture (bastard) but we'll see when it gets here... should be here in two days since I paid for expedited.
    About the Floyd Rose tuners being really far forward...I don't know why but for some reason he had mislabeled it: I thought it was a Floyd Rose Special, but actually it's an Original, and on the Original the tuners DO stand up straight normally. So the angle is as it should be.
    As far as being forward in the casing, I doubt he modded it at all...this guy may be a douchebag but he's a stupid one...so much so that it was his friend who tuned the Floyd Rose for him (and subsequently made the chip when it sprung forward), and is also an idiot. So....yeah. i doubt he'd had either the skill or the motivation to change the mounting at all.

I looked at it again and I dont think the tuner is moved forward at all...I think the Original is just set in a larger mounting that was meant for the Special. But I guess we'll see when it gets here! I took the photos in to Sam Ash the other day and talked to their repair guy, and he said he'd check it out and re-lacuer it for free if that's what it needs, but basically agreed that I'm screwed if the chip is a crack and goes into the wood at all.

On the plus side, while I was there I saw they had a really nice Horizon II for only 650, so.....if I have to resell this I might just pick that up.

Cancel