• NightwindKing

Either way, other than the previous owner being bad at changing strings, I see no issue. If the price is right, I wouldn't let that factor into your decision on purchasing it. Granted, if he's that bad at set-ups, he could've messed something else up as well, lol.

Awesome! Thanks guys!
    Yeah I asked him and he said it is just in the paint/lacquer and doesnt go into the body wood at all. He said it's from when his friend was setting-up the Floyd Rose and it snapped forward and hit the wood near the setting.

I'm going to make him an offer this evening, so well see how it goes.

On a side note: do you guys have any suggestions about either how to re-lacquer the crack or else where/how to find someone who could?

• Pushead

He said it's from when his friend was setting-up the Floyd Rose and it snapped forward and hit the wood near the setting.

Booyah.

On a side note: do you guys have any suggestions about either how to re-lacquer the crack or else where/how to find someone who could?

Matching a satin finish is a rough task. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but you might consider using a normal pencil to color in the crack so it doesn't stand out as much.

Otherwise, if you're planning on taking the guitar somewhere to be setup (I'm a bit wary of the intonation the guy has dialed in on the guitar), ask the guy there if he has any suggestions.

Cancel