Case question... sorry

Updated
scoobyroo
Hello everyone, new to the forum, just ordered my first ESP last week - a Horizon FR-II. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this guitar comes shipped with a case. I forgot to ask when i was at the store. I'm in Canada and ordered it from a dealer in Mississauga, called them the other day and they said it did, but after reading some of the threads on this board, i'm not so sure... If it doesn't come with a case, can someone recommended one that will give good protection, are the ESP cases decent?
scoobyroo

really? no one? :|

Pushead

The guitar typically does not come with a case, but many dealers will include one when selling and shipping a guitar. I'd believe what they told you.

The quality of the ESP cases is pretty good. At least the ones I have.

scoobyroo

Thanks, I had them ship it to me since I didn't want to drive an hour each way back to the dealer again to pick up when it comes in.

Not sure if ESP will be sending it directly to me or if it will go to the dealer first, they check it over, put it in a case and then send to me. Again, I guess questions I should have asked when I was there...

antipole

I think when ordering ESP guitars in North America, at least in Canada, they don't come with a guitar case That is usually explicitly stated within the details of the item with "case not included" while in Europe it seems commonly to include a case with the purchase of the guitar.

I got my ESP shipped without a case from the dealer with just a flimsy cardboard that didn't seem to handle stress well with the guitar inside a gig bag only.

If the dealer says it did, it probably comes with a case.

load more replies (1 of 1)
DB-VII

I ordered my ESP standard from a small dealer, and it came in the HSC. I believe he has all his guitars shipped that way, I could be wrong, but the case was included in the price and he gave me a very fair deal. Never hurts to ask them to throw it in either, I d imagine they would work with ya, to sell the axe, just food for thought....

scoobyroo

Yup, i'm usually good at haggling a deal, but i didn't think to ask as I figured it would come in a case since my PRS did when I custom ordered it and most high-end guitars usually do.

Also the guitar was special order, they don't carry any ESP Standard or Custom series in their store, so I didn't have much leverage since I wasn't helping them clear inventory, just placing an order.

Anyways, I'm hoping it comes in a case just for the sake that it's not damaged from shipping although it is fully insured. If i have to shell out another $100 for a case, big deal.

DB-VII

It can never hurt just to ask, if you're buying a somewhat expensive guitar I feel they are more likely willing to "throw it in." I mean the cases retail for bout $100 prob costs them $40-$50. Or maybe they will give a break on the case...food for thought

esp_gaijin

scoo, did you pay with a credit card or did you pay cash or check(that has cleared) ?

if credit card, call the store and ask all the same you asked here;
if you don't like the answers discuss it with them politely;
if you don't get the results you want tell them to cancel the order and refund your money.

if they refuse then don't accept delivery when it arrives (if you're home), if it's left on your porch ship it back, tell the store you want a refund, and if necessary call your credit card company for a refund.

i acknowledge you should have asked when buying it, however the store also should have discussed it when you were buying it, so i feel blame is about 50/50 here you and the store for not sussing this out beforehand.
the store should handle it amicably, be polite and ask them.

imo, if it didn't say comes with case, it doesn't, because esp/japan companies oddly don't usually include a case.

scoobyroo

Credit card, yes.

I called and they said all their ESP Standard series get a case, LTD models don't.

Skeptical though because he prolly didn't look up my order, just asked which guitar it was and wanted to get off the phone with me.

antipole

Finally a post of Gaijin that is worthy to read. ;)

Did you order your guitar off LA Music, scoo?

scoobyroo

Went to the store, but yes.

antipole

Scoo, do tell the conclusion of the story once you've received your package.

Sho

I had my Edwards shiped from Japan with out a case. It came perfectly. No lose strings or anything. If they pack it properly, I wouldn't worry.

DB-VII

I just ordered an Eclipse, and I didn't mention anything but it was written on the receipt, case included. Hope they hook you up with a case..

scoobyroo

will do - playing the waiting game at this point...

Post to Thread