No love for my Eclispe II!!!

Updated
gerryl98
So I posted my Eclipse II on Craigslist for a trade looking for Strat and for the last two weeks the only decent offers I'm getting is a Gibson Les Paul Studio, a Telecaster Deluxe HH, and a Martin Acoustic? Do you think there's a lack of knowlegde in the electric guitar community about the quality of ESP guitars? I must have made trade offers on a dozen MIA strats which on the used market has a value of $600-800 and they all shot me down like I had an import piece of crap!!!
wiretap

Probably just preference.. Seems to me, generally speaking, that guys who prefer MIA strats aren't going to be stoked on an ESP. Just style and taste differences...

ringorock

it's the same where i live......esp what???? although everyone's a metallica fan :( and despite what some may say....SOME studios are better than the eclipse II. even some current models cost more....but i agree, strat and gibson owners aren't ESP demographic

jsp

Just sell the Eclipse. You should be able to get enough to buy a used American Strat.

gerryl98

Just sell the Eclipse. You should be able to get enough to buy a used American Strat.
I did the ad a a FS/FT. Not even one offer for a straight sale...not even a low ball offer. I reached out to my guitar tech today to let his clients know. He owns two Eclipses so he should be able to be a good pitch man. Value-wise he knows an American Standard or Deluxe for my Eclipse is a win for the guy trading the strat.

xchumfiestax

Maybe it's because you're trying to sell an "Eclispe"?

reilly

Same in my area too, for some reason it is really hard to sell used LTD/ESP guitars. Thing is there are 2 Guitar centers within 30miles of each other and both sell LTD.

I sold a dead mint LTD h400 for $300 with case and it took awhile and had very little interest. (i bought it for $220 used). They dont seam to hold value well in my area.

I found a Mint ESP Eclipse II for $850 with original case locally, not a scratch on it (of course I bought it)

load more replies (1 of 1)
Jon A.

I remember playing some Gibson studios at my Guitar Center before I bought an Eclipse and being pretty dissappointed with the overall quality of them.

I also had a problem selling my ESP Amott sig because the vast majority of "musicians" act like if it isn't Fender or Gibson it must not be that good.

DB-VII

I remember playing some Gibson studios at my Guitar Center before I bought an Eclipse and being pretty dissappointed with the overall quality of them.

I also had a problem selling my ESP Amott sig because the vast majority of "musicians" act like if it isn't Fender or Gibson it must not be that good.

which one were you disappointed with the ESP or the Gibson??

Jon A.

The Gibsons for sure.

I think a lot of people need to realize that ESP aren't just for metal players.

Their strat and les paul models are just as good if not better than Fender or Gibson.

gerryl98

I think a lot of people need to realize that ESP aren't just for metal players.

It would help if they stopped putting EMGS in all their guitars.

DB-VII

I got ya man, they really do make a great instrument...

brandono61cr

ESP seems to kinda of an unknown in the KC are , i actually dig cuz i got a couple of em for steals:rollin

Post to Thread