ESP M-II v Ltd M1000

Updated
Blitzbok
Hi, I have a choice of two guitars, a new M1000 Deluxe, or a used M-II. Is it worth taking a chance on a used M-II bolt on? What would you do if you were in my situation? Last thing I want is a delapidated old M-II, but I know that it would be the better of the two overall. I can't decide what to do! :confused:
jl-austin

I would take the M-II. Quality guitars get better with age.

Zero

While that's not explicitly true, If I were offered an M-II used at the same price as an M-1000 new, I'd take the M-II every time, no questions asked. That said, I find the M-1000s incredibly gaudy, and I've played a few (not many) LTD 1000 series guitars that were total dogs, but never an M-Series that was anything less than phenomenal.

Nagash

Get the M-II... better quality woods and parts, better construction, better inspection, prestige of a "real ESP" rather that "just a LTD" and besides the Deluxe bindings are fugly ^^

Jibraun

Go M-ll ........Seriusly better !!

EvolutionVII

Go ask the same question in the LTD section.
You'll get quite the opposite answers.

Srsly go for the one YOU like better.

antipole

What Evolution says is true go for the one you like.

For high gain and casual playing with active pickups, the LTD might be good for getting a new one and have it aged along with your playing.

For changin pickups to passive and play lesser than hi-gain tones, the MII can help.

Personally, I would go for the MII. Just make sure there is a good guitar tech shop around you to service your used guitar.

91horizon

If the LTDs were still made in Korea it may be a closer fight but I still have to take the MII. I owned a few and they are excellent guitars, as is any ESP Standard.

OutlawTorn

Esp>ltd

Post to Thread