Horizon FR with Duncans!

Updated
Juan David
i wish ESP still made the horizon FR with duncans. EMGs are good, but Seymour Duncan are also good if not better. My point is, why not to let the customer chose? Personally, i would love some Seymour Duncan Distortion on a Horizon FR.
MV-CTM

Get your dealer to swap them out for you.

Juan David

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, don't I have buy the pickups from the dealer and then tell them to do the swap?? thats about 180 more dollars....

Pushead

Many dealers will swap the pickups and keep the old ones for a small fee instead of making you pay for the new pickups.

Juan David

I had no idea about that... Any idea if SamAsh is one of those dealers?? i buy most of my guitar stuff in there

Beaten Beyond

The FR-II EMG has an ash tray in the back for the 9 volt battery. Converting to passives with the ash tray still there drives me nuts from an aesthetics standpoint...even though it's on the back of the guitar. I wish they would eliminate ash trays. I mean how hard is it to unscrew the cavity plate when a guitar needs its battery replaced? Ash trays are totally unnecessary IMO.

If you want passives, I'd keep an eye out for one of the non U.S. versions. They do pop up from time to time. That's where I got my snow white FR.

Nagash

The ashtray is probably "cool because it makes battery replacement very easy", which is true, but since you change batteries probably once a year, it doesn't change anything in the end.

Jibraun

Dealer in my country (Malaysia ) they bring both Horizon (Emg and Duncan)
And u can order any ESP with what u want.... But have to follow standard from ESP
Ex :
U Want Horizon w/EMG
the Dealer give choice = Horizon w/EMG with Trem or NT...
U Want Horizon w/Duncan with Trem
the Dealer give choice = Horizon w/Duncan with Trem QM or STD...
and we can other any of it and about minimum 3 month it will came...but need 50% of Deposit for the Retailed price

Post to Thread