M1 N T B

Updated
ridner
post em if ya got em! how is it? I have a bad case of GAS! :cool:
ridner

How do you like it? I am normally not into "super strats" but for some reason - this one is calling my name hardcore! Did you get it new or used? Can ya post some more pix when ya get a chance? Any info, etc you can provide would be great - Thanks!

ridner

Thanks!

ridner

trigger pulled on a brand spakin new M-1 NTB

:evil

LemmonFury

AWESOME needs pics.

ridner

should be ordered yesterday/today - hope they are in stock @ the ESP warehouse - I hate waiting for stuff.

jl-austin

When I got mine back in February or March they were currently in stock. I thought that was strange, because I thought real ESP's were always back ordered. I guess the single pickup guitar isn't for everyone. /flex

ridner

yea, I can't really see this being a "top seller" or anything like that. my only complaint, is that it would be nice if it came w/ a case for the price. I guess only sig models & custom shop orders include a case. I will have to get one eventually. I haven't owned a "super strat" in quite some time - this should be interesting!

ridner

just got off the horn w/ my local ESP dealer & there are 5 M1s in stock. should be here in 10 days or so

jl-austin

I just got a Levy's gig bag for mine. Good enough. I am not a touring musician, so a gig bag is all I need.

I might get a SKB case for it at some point, but I never can justify spending $100 on something I would rarely use.

Feraledge

I just bought an M-I myself. I wasn't sold on the single pickup, but now that I have it I'm doubting that I'll go with my original plan of routing it for a neck pup.
This guitar shreds. Plain and simple. The alder has more of a low end thump than I was expecting, but it sounds really heavy and I love it. Perfect death metal guitar in my eyes.

I bought an FX400 last year and have been sold on unpainted necks ever since. I never understood all the hype about it before that, but I think the difference is significant.

On my M-I I'm switching to Sperzels as soon as possible, but switched the bridge to a tonepros locking and I always use graphite string saddles. Haven't really tested the limits of the bone nut yet, but on my old MH400NT I switched to a graphite nut and the same bridge I'm using now and could get an average of 1-2 more shows out of set of strings.
That adds up quickly enough to make the jump even with a string sponsor!

LemmonFury

Call me an asshole, but I'm not fond of the TOM at all.

antipole

Welcome to the M-I NTB club.

I am at first not a super-strat and single pickup kinda guy too, but I am glad I have bought mine.

Feraledge

To each their own, but I swapped mine for Sperzels.
If anyone wants a reverse/lefty set of gotoh magnum locking tuners their in good shape and I'd sell em for $25 shipped con us.

antipole

Can you elaborate on why changing from an 81 to a 85? I am looking at 85 and blackout at the moment. So your inputs will help greatly.

jl-austin

I have also switched out my 81 to an 85. To me the 81 is a little to thin sounding. Although it does sound more aggressive than the 85. The 85 has a more full sound to it, although it is not as aggressive sounding as the 81, it is still a good pickup for metal. I personally think it has a more "modern" sound than the (80's all the time, 81).

Post to Thread