Horizon NT-II

Updated
brandono61cr
well i started saving you for a guitar recently and i came across this one i like the fact that it has duncans JB 59' locking tuners and it a ESP ! if i get this it will be my first REAL esp , i have owned quite a few high end LTDs and i loved them but i want to get in to the realm of a true standard . but what i am asking is what are your experiences with this guitar and im kinda scared about the TOM tail piece because every guitar i have played that had one also had a angled neck and i can not play on a angled neck . on the other hand i also like the M-II with duncans but i hate floating trems so i would end up blocking the floyd. would it be worth it ?:confused: i love metal (metallica KSE ATR Megadeth BFMV) but i play all kinds of styles, classic rock and blues are the next most played styles, buy mainly metal ! i am open to other guitars but NOT ibanez , PRS , Gibson or fender. what are your thoughts and comments and pics !
Gfunk

You would be much better off getting a Jackson or Ibanez.

brandono61cr

what iz your reasoning, may i ask ?

dont you have a horizon of some kind or another?

Beaten Beyond

...i can not play on a angled neck.

Come on. For real? All the neck angle does is allow for proper range of bridge height adjustment. In the process, it increases downward angle, which can make the strings feel tighter, but it is subtle. As far as actually being able to feel the slight angle difference from a geometry standpoint.....I'd like to see you blindfolded, then pick out a guitar with more neck angle.

brandono61cr

Come on. For real? All the neck angle does is allow for proper range of bridge height adjustment. In the process, it increases downward angle, which can make the strings feel tighter, but it is subtle. As far as actually being able to feel the slight angle difference from a geometry standpoint.....I'd like to see you blindfolded, then pick out a guitar with more neck angle.

your probably right but then again i have to get used to new string guages ! even if i go form 10s to 9s:o but one of my faults as a player is im like a cannery the slightest change throws me out of wack :lol

brandono61cr

also guys i hate ibanezs and i dont trust Schecters quality control so dont propose those

Gfunk

What is your current gear lineup?

brandono61cr

ltd mh-250 with 18v blackouts and blocked bridge (most used)
strat copy form Kramer (i have no idea what model )
custom EVH strat- jackson neck ,custom 5 and jazz (POS sub-squire body )
Line6 pocket pod + recording headphones = pretty damn good :p
JCM200 though a 1960 4x12 (i live in an apartment so the pod gets used more|I|I)

i was also looking in to a DK2M

my requirements for the guitar are
something comfortable to play sitting down but not off balance when i stand up
alder or mahogany body
NOT a high-gloss finish on the back of the neck (i really like the fell of the M-II NTB neck)
cant have a high neck angle like most LPs have
needs to look jawsome:cool:

good luck !:rollin

MV-CTM

jon donais signature ltd? granted it's not an ESP but the 600s are pretty good and you can swap out pickups

brandono61cr

jon donais signature ltd? granted it's not an ESP but the 600s are pretty good and you can swap out pickups

you know that might be something to look in to !but i dont think i will be able to get my hands on one to try before i would buy it . and are the "standard" nuts any good or would i have to drop in a bone nut ?8o

and i am not some badass shreadder so a bolt on is not necessarily "bad thing" as long as the neck is solid

brandono61cr

actually i think that i have narrowed my choices down to the ESP M-II , DK2M or the DK2 they all are pretty similar spec wise but what do you think ? i dont use the neck pup much but is the one in the DK2 any good , even though it is a single coil ?

MV-CTM

they all have the same USA-made seymour duncan pickups in them

Piney Hills Music

Get the Horizon NT II, thats what you want...

there are several available, including some a limited run natural that Chumfiesta had me put together for the boards...

brandono61cr

i know that the Jacksons i am looking into have a case that come with it but do the ESP standards come with one (especially) the Horizon NT-II !

brandono61cr

Im 90% sure that i want to stick with the NT-II but can some one post some pictures of it i really want to see a horizontal view a close up of the fretboard and the bridge and bridge pickup . any will help bunches because there are none online that are any good !

Piney Hills Music

if you buy a nice guitar, you will get used to the neck angle.. cuz I guarantee you cant feel it with your hands as the difference between floyd and TOM is 4degrees...

brandono61cr

if you buy a nice guitar, you will get used to the neck angle.. cuz I guarantee you cant feel it with your hands as the difference between floyd and TOM is 4degrees...

yeah i got the chance to play a MH-1000 NT today and i LOVED it , i was able to feel that it wasnt straight , but your right it is not enough that i couldn't get used to it ! :lol:lol:hat

Now the MH-1K was an awesome guitar , but for double the price is the horizon NT-II REALLY THAT MUCH better ? i ave heard that ESPs blow high-end LTDs out of the watter, is this true ? Money is a HUGE roadblock for me because i am only a junior in high school , so it would take me a year to pull the finances together to actually make the purchase . :o:o:ois it worth the wait ?

load more replies (1 of 1)
brandono61cr

yeah i think that will be the way to go until i can get a real descent job . Hell ill probably end up getting both !:lol

i dont relly like the blue finnish on the 1K this year i LOVED the green they had last year ... or was it 2 years ago ?:lol

5150-Viper

yeah i think that will be the way to go until i can get a real descent job . Hell ill probably end up getting both !:lol

i dont relly like the blue finnish on the 1K this year i LOVED the green they had last year ... or was it 2 years ago ?:lol

the green ones pop up on ebay all the time for a fair price.. id check there.

brandono61cr

cool, dose the MH-1000 come witha case or would that be another purchase ?
ohh man i cant wait for my NGD but that will be in like 3-4 months ...

brandono61cr

man i should stop doin this ... every time i look at the ESP my heart skips a beat !

I IZ so confuuppded !

Post to Thread