ESP Eclipse I CTM FR or ESP Eclipse II FR

Updated
Trendkill1138
Sorry if this was asked somewhere else, I could not find it if it was. Please direct me if this does exist. :\ I can't decide if my next guitar will be the ESP Eclipse I CTM FR or ESP Eclipse II FR. The CTM is about $1k more than the II. I'd prefer to have all 4 knobs, but how else do they differ? I can't imagine that extra tone knob makes it so much more expensive! Is it worth the extra cash to order the CTM from the UK? I'm probably overlooking something obvious... Thanks!
Luca

Eclipse I. Better looking with the "normal" horn.

Trendkill1138

Ahh, I did not notice that... interesting.

johnny00

$1000 is a lot of money for one more knob(I disconnect my tone knob anyway) and I actually like the Eclipse II horn better.
I don't think there is any other significant difference...other than you can't get a CTM in the USA...I think the quality is the same.
But if you email ESP, they'll probably tell you. They've always responded to my questions quickly.

Trendkill1138

All my searches of the EC I show it as having a set mahogany neck as well.

The horn and minus one tone knob i think i can live with. Think I might email ESP, just to see what's up anyway.

Thanks for the info all!

j.t..i.

Doesnt the Eclipse I have a thicker body too?

Gfunk

Doesnt the Eclipse I have a thicker body too?

No.

Only custom orders and FT ECs have the thicker bodies.

FT = Full thickness, 55mm.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Luca

Wow! Sounds good!

I think you can't go wrong with a German dealer... Never heard any complaints about Promusictools.

SmthngWcked

If you check ebay there was a seethru blue Eclipse I with a FR starting at $500.

Promusictools has some sick lookin' ESP's on their site

Post to Thread