Uneven nut

Updated
nabeel
I've noticed something that's happened recently.. I haven't played my KH2 much, but I noticed either the fretboard expanded, or the nut shrunk, but it's not even anymore with the edges of the fretboard. Noticably. My LTD Ouija you can feel its starting to be uneven. Should I be worrying about it? I'm in NY, it hasn't been very humid but I have a humidifier running almost always since it is usually pretty dry... I leave them hanging up, not in the case. I don't wanna fuck up my instruments... (who does??)
Metallijosh

My left nut is a little bigger than my right nut.

nabeel

That's what she said.. oh, wait...

Luca

You should keep you're axes in they're case.

I live in Finland and the winter is pretty cold right now, and the usual temperature and humidity changes are huge compareing summer and winter time. I allways keep my guitars in they're cases.

The case keeps the temperature and humidity much more stable than just leaving them hanging on the wall.

nabeel

Yeah, I think I should do that, but the problem is I don't have much room at all

And my other guitars (LP, Strat) are both okay, it's just my two ESPs...

nabeel

Thanks dude, I wasn't sure. I could have sworn it was even before, but I never was the one who paid attention to tiny things like that.

nabeel

Well, I'm guessing if the board does shrink (which I'm guessing they all will a bit at some point, and I'm not sure if they expand?), then the nut won't be hanging over the board, which might be more of a problem structurally than being short.

Post to Thread