Surprised by Eclipse!!!

Updated
seefingersrun
Hi There! While driving in traffic today, I decided to pull over at a shopping centre and came across a music shop. To my surprise I stumbled onto a vintage black Eclipse, which I always wanted. Owning an Eclipse myself I was stunned by the weight of the guitar when I removed it from the wall. This guitar was most definitely different. The body was thick (very thick), no back body cut away, four knobs and the old style horn. This is the most beautiful Eclipse I've ever seen. I own an Eclipse with the old horn and 4 knobs (see thru cherry) but the thickness is 3/4 that of the vintage black one. The neck of the vintage black one also seems much wider than mine and it also lacks the cut away of mine. I always thought that the Eclipse I own is the old pre- Gibson lawsuit model but after seeing this model, I'm not sure. I really want to buy this guitar but at 16 500 Rand (o, I'm from South Africa= 1 375 British Pound = $ 2255) its very expensive. Do they still make these guitars regularly or will I struggle to find one if I let this one go (money problems)? And what do you guys think about the prising? Any comments welcome!!!
Pushead

You found an Eclipse I FT (full thickness). They're available in much of the world, just not the USA, Canada or Mexico.

seefingersrun

Is it any better or more valuable than the better known Eclipse?

Pushead

It costs more than a regular Eclipse, so you'd be able to sell it later for more money (probably).

Better is a relative term.

Post to Thread