24 fret RR question

Updated
Nevan
Hi all ! I would like to buy a 24 fret RR model ( I have a Jackson RR3 now but it only has 22 frets) but which one is the best? ESP SV or Jackson RR24 They have/are both 24 frets , neck thru body , alder body , ebony fretboard , EMG 81 in the bridge & a original Floyd Rose tremelo & black hardware. The biggest difference is that the RR24 only has 1 bridge pickup but never or uncommon play with my neck pickup. I play thrash metal in Eb tuning (= D# ) Thnx for the support !
Luca

I would go for ESP SV. Neck pickup will bring you more tonal options, even if you play thrash metal...

+1 for SV

SixFlames

neck pick up or die.

Junker

Word!

Velt017

the RR24 is pretty great. The SV will cost about twice what the RR24 will cost... so that is something to consider.

The SV is better though without a doubt.

Gfunk

Jackson > ESP

load more replies (1 of 1)
Mark K.

I'd go with the ESP SV. way better build quality.. I have an SV myself and I played the RR24..I didn't liked it at all..
the RR24 has a 43mm nut and the SV has a 42mm nut, and that makes a lot of difference in playing comfort IMO. though the RR24 has a compound neck radius. but the SV has a neck pickup that's also important for me... but as you said, not for you

Justinschut

Who's got a RAN ? I like my RAN

murtis

ive played both and i own an old shape SV.

the SV just sounds and feels better

Brian

Jackson

ESP

8o

dawg

i like the look of the jackson better,but the esp is probably better

Juhvo

One thing no-one said and that might matter is the neck finish. SV's neck finish is very smooth natural satin while RR24 has normal painted lacquer finish.
ESP seems to have a pretty good reputation as a brand so maybe SV's price won't go down as quickly as RR24's would :rolleyes:

Post to Thread