ESP SV , ESP M-II or ESP LTD Alexi 600 Scythe

Updated
Nevan
Hello there ! I have a Jackson RR3 now and I want to buy a new metal guitar. I like to play thrash metal and heavy metal. First, I was thinking about the Jackson RR1 but when I saw the price,I searched something else. And now I have 3 guitars in my mind: ESP SV White with Black Pin , ESP M-II & ESP LTD Alexi ESP SV: Neck-Thru-Body 25.5” Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Ebony Fingerboard 42mm Locking Nut Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware Gotoh Tuners Floyd Rose Original Bridge EMG 81 (B) / No Pickup (M) / EMG 81 (N) Finish: WHT w/ BLK Pinstripe Price: €1800 (with case) ESP M-II: Neck-Thru-Body or Bolt-On 25.5” Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard Locking Nut 43mm Neck Width Extra Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware Gotoh Tuners Floyd Rose Original Bridge EMG 81 (B) / No Pickup (M) / EMG 81 (N) Finish: BLK Price: €1700 (with case) ESP LTD ALEXI: Neck-Thru Body 25.5” Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Ebony Fingerboard Locking Nut 42mm Neck Width Thin U Neck Shape 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware Grover Tuners Floyd Rose 1000 Series Bridge EMG HZ F-H2 Finish: WHT w/ BLK Pinstripe Price: €1250 (without case) Which one do you prefer? Or do you have an another good guitar? I also like to do many years with this guitar so if you got another but a little more expensive guitar, post it and give the specs ;) Cheers! Nevan.
jalmetalman

I'd get the ESP SV... :)

Gfunk

Jackson > ESP

Justinschut

Well the ESP's will be better than the LTD... I guess it comes down to if you like pointy guitars or not :p

Personally, Id go for the ESP SV

OutlawTorn

ESP > LTD signature

Luca

I would go for the SV.

creativename11

i would go with M-II but im biased because i play alot sitting down and the alexi i tried just didnt sit well with me... literally

the_emptier

m-II duhhh

hollowcrown

m-II duhhh

this!

load more replies (1 of 1)
n3o_samura1

First, I was thinking about the Jackson RR1 but when I saw the price,I searched something else.

There's ways of getting around price. I have an RR1 and it was my first REAL guitar. It's been my main guitar for years and I'll never get rid of it. I bought mine as new old stock for $1400. Round about the same you're going to pay for one of the ESP's on your list.

However, I will say that ESP's quality never ceases to amaze me, so obviously, going for an ESP isn't a bad idea either. I love them which is why I'm here.

All this BS aside, if you're used to playing a Jackson, I think the Alexi or SV would be the most comfortable for you, neck-wise. The M-II's have a thinner neck than Jacksons (or mine anyway) and is closer to an Ibanez neck. Though I wouldn't discredit and M-II. I want one. Practically speaking though, I'd go with the SV. At least then you have a neck pickup and more versatility. If you want to be like Alexi, then just never touch your PU selector. In this case it's better to have and not use rather than need and not have.

DanESP

As an owner of all three, I'd say the M-II. I tend to pick it up the most

Rancrawl

Hello there !

I have a Jackson RR3 now and I want to buy a new metal guitar.
I like to play thrash metal and heavy metal.
First, I was thinking about the Jackson RR1 but when I saw the price,I searched something else.

And now I have 3 guitars in my mind: ESP SV White with Black Pin , ESP M-II & ESP LTD Alexi

ESP SV:

Neck-Thru-Body
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Ebony Fingerboard
42mm Locking Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Gotoh Tuners
Floyd Rose Original Bridge
EMG 81 (B) / No Pickup (M) / EMG 81 (N)
Finish: WHT w/ BLK Pinstripe
Price: €1800 (with case)
ESP M-II:

Neck-Thru-Body or Bolt-On
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Locking Nut
43mm Neck Width
Extra Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Gotoh Tuners
Floyd Rose Original Bridge
EMG 81 (B) / No Pickup (M) / EMG 81 (N)
Finish: BLK
Price: €1700 (with case)
ESP LTD ALEXI:

Neck-Thru Body
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Ebony Fingerboard
Locking Nut
42mm Neck Width
Thin U Neck Shape
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
Floyd Rose 1000 Series Bridge
EMG HZ F-H2
Finish: WHT w/ BLK Pinstripe
Price: €1250 (without case)
Which one do you prefer? Or do you have an another good guitar?
I also like to do many years with this guitar so if you got another but a little more expensive guitar, post it and give the specs ;)

Cheers!

Nevan.
I own a M-II from 07, its fucking sick.

BLS

M-II You will thank me later

Post to Thread