ESP Horizon FR?

Updated
David_VI
Hey. I've recently fallen in love with this guitar, I would love to make it my first ESP and join the family, (after getting a job just to fund it of course!) Im curious though, ESP don't appear to do it in black anymore? I mean the black with the wood through it.. what is this finish called? I've seen see thru black but pictures of those ones look like solid black. Also the hardware, would it not be proper black due to the weird restriction? I' iffy about buying an ESP standard and it not having black hardware then looking a bit strange. Anddd.. what are these guitars really like? I have an EX-400 atm and wondering what the jump to an ESP standard would feel like... esp with floyd rose and extra frets! Are these guitars easy to find? I wouldn't mind a good price, i've seen other Horizons at about £1,600 Thanks David
MV-CTM

they're fooling with you.

the see through blacks vary a lot, some are more brown, some are greyish and some look purple

David_VI

So see thru black is just that, see thru black! not solid..

I'm glad!

Can anyone help me with my other queries?

I, Voyager

the one in guitar village is the same as the other one you posted, I've seen it in the shop.

I, Voyager

I have a Horizon FR-II in STAQ, so I've got a floyd on that one.

if you know how to set them up and use them, Floyds are a godsend for lead playing.

if you're not sure if you want one, or only play rhythm, I'd say get the TOM version.

guitarsatbmusic

See-thru black Horizon-FR is still current production. You won't get one with black hardware stock.

iBaka

See-thru black Horizon-FR is still current production. You won't get one with black hardware stock.

uh shane, do you happen to have any high quality pics of the stb horizon fr you could post? plz and thnx >.>

load more replies (2 of 2)
I, Voyager

No Trem

iBaka

^yea i meant see through black. sorry >_

Yoshi

If you have someone who lives here in Australia then I'm sure that person can procure the guitar from Shane and send it to you if you're desperate.

MV-CTM

they're 2 different guitars man, 2nd one is a horizon 2, first one is a horizon 1 but I don't think they make the horizon 1 in see through black anymore

guitarsatbmusic

It's actually Horizon NT or Horizon FR and Horizon FR II or Horizon NT II, Horizon I is an Original Series model.
Horizon NT is still available in see-thru black.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread