Would an EMG 85 work better for me? need your opinions

Updated
johnny00
Please. Sorry if this has been covered before. I am not liking the sound of my Eclipse II with the EMG 81 in the bridge. I have always used passive Duncans and Dimarzios, and I'm reading good things about the EMG 85 in the bridge. I don't play metal, but play with a good amount of gain most times, like Foo Fighters or something. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated since this is my first EMG equipped guitar. Thanks!!!!!!
Narrengott

hey just wanted to tell my opinion on that!
i just went through that emg 85 or 81 bridge thing on 2 horizons nt2 (mahagony with mapel cap and neck!
when i first switched to 85 in the bridge i was really happy with the tone and this is a awsome pickup but after some time i was missing a more traditional sound ..the pickup is really dark and bassy sounding in a mahagony guitar!
i went back to the 81 in the bridge an i have to say for me it was easyer to get a nice distortion sound out of my amp ( it is hard to eq the amp if you run the 85 in the bridge!)

i have to add i use the emgs with 18v mod if you use that even a 81 seams more natural ( just without some humming frequenzes that the 85 got)
85 is with alnico 5 magnets and sounds a little more loose but still is a damn tight pu!

right now i stick with the 81 ...!

does anyone of you know if the emg 707 ..is the same pickup like the 85 just in 7 string version!

maby some day ill switch back!!!

but right now 81 is better for the total band mix thought the 85 is a little bit to much!

Post to Thread