ESP M-I Reverse

Updated
AS1969
Posting some pictures of my ESP M-I Reverse. I got this guitar around 1990 and it is still in a very good condition. It sounds great and has one of the smoothest maple necks I ever played. Think the pickups are a pair of Duncans, but not sure if they are original to the guitar. Not much additional information to be found on this guitar, so if anybody have something to add, it would be much appreciated, e.g. similar models made, approx. value, exact year, etc. As you can see on the photos the plate on the back has JAF BOX 2125, New York, NY 10116 engraved in it, so I assume it was assembled in the ESP shop on 48th street NYC?
MV-CTM

wow, that's an awesome looking guitar!

Metlupass2

Awesome looking....never seen one like it before.

Gfunk

Cool geetah, congas!

Looks very "Kramer-esque".

How does it sound? Sustain?

:)

load more replies (2 of 2)
1point8t

That thing is sweet man :) That neck is more than likely a leftover from when ESP was building necks for the Kramer Focus line... same headstock shape and the same super-comfy neck profile. Very nice score though, I likey! Welcome to the board btw.

AS1969

Thanks for the feedback. This would explain why I havenĀ“t managed to track it down anywhere. I always thought it was a "plain" version of the earlier M-I George Lynch models. Would be fun to see more photos of the earlier ESP models on the forum in addition to the few that are up here already.

1point8t

If those guitars have the NYC neckplate, they were more than likely assembled at the 48th St shop... around 1990-1991 they used those particular neck plates.

Metlupass2

Nick,

Any with a NYC neckplate means 48th shop?

1point8t

Not completely... ESP moved its entire US operation to NYC around those years so pretty much any US market guitar had that neckplate, at least from what I've observed...whether or not it was a NYC custom built or a Japan assembled guitar. I think.... :p

Qweklain

Awesome axe! I see it has the Synclair bridge too! I love that bridge, just as good as an OFR, at least all the ones I have played have been.

As for the 48th, if it has the plate chances are it was assembled in the 48th shop completely. If they guitar was a 48th custom made guitar, it had some form of 48th street written on the headstock instead of ESP. The 48th-plated ESPs were all ESP parts stock, just assembled in the shop, while the customs were ESP hardware, but completely crafted here in that shop.

Post to Thread