ESP and custom changes

Updated
Hisashi
I know that ESP is ok with the customer choosing either SD's or EMG pickups. They can also do hardware and paint changes. However anyone know if they will out an ebony fingerboard on none ebony fingerboard guitars? Am willing to pay that bit extra if they can do. Hopefully I wont need to go down the totally custom route. Thanks
xchumfiestax

seems like that sort of thing would have to be custom shop

Dilzdo21

not gona happen , if this was possible there would be a standard custom shop

they wont change anything without multiple guitars being done , and still i dont know if they would do a fretboard change

Metlupass2

No sir....

Velt017

I'm confused... ESP switches pickups etc?? How do you get things factory direct or whatever? Do you have to go through a dealer? How easy was it to get left handed models?

This thread blew my mind.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dilzdo21

yes thru the dealer , you can specify pickups

emg

or

duncan jb/59

espsy

I know that ESP is ok with the customer choosing either SD's or EMG pickups. They can also do hardware and paint changes. However anyone know if they will out an ebony fingerboard on none ebony fingerboard guitars? Am willing to pay that bit extra if they can do. Hopefully I wont need to go down the totally custom route.

Thanks

From my experience of buying Standard series models they are flexible on some things, you can
change the pickups
change the colour also satin finish to gloss finish (upcharge)
change machineheads (gotohs to sperzels)
change hardware

You can't
Change position of controls, for example on an M1 move the volume control to a tone control position or anything silly like flame tops on guitars that dont have them etc.

chernobyl516

wait. since when can you get stuff like color changed on the standard series?

how would i go about doing this?

ozzuk1

I suppose you could consider it being similar to a semi custom thing, pickups and hardware colour and finish are the main thing, allthough do remember a guy ordering a left handed SV with an extra control might have been a tone knob...

You'd do it through any half competant dealer, Just order the guitar with choice of pickups hardware colour, I dont think they could do non rohs compliant black but chrome cosmo and gold should be available...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread