"smoke" hardware on overseas horizon

Updated
"smoke" hardware on overseas horizon
Well i bought a standard horizon form the europe oversea catalogue.... The color is a STBK >.> so the hardware is not black but something like smoke.... Well in just few months the pot knobs lost a lot of their colour becoming almost silver ._. moreover it's almost impossible to find a replacement of that color >_> Normally i wouldn't care at all but it's like putting a white knob on a black guitar...it sparkle and shine -.- it's sooo ugly. and there is no way to find matching hardware to replace. well that's all...but the colouring of the hardware is something awful..even an old Gibson gold hardware would last at least some years.....not 3-4 months.... They'd better use black hardware that has not this problem at all. Minor problem but still annoying :S
OutlawTorn

thank the french and the EPA for stopping the making of Black hardware... :p

go buy black hardware from allparts or somewhere along those lines..problem solved

and as far as the black chrome hardware imo...FTL

btw can you post pics of said guitar ;)

Helldragon

Yeah, the same happened to my volume knob. But I don't fucking care, as long as the floyd is OK and doesnt start to rust, I'm OK with it... I'm a player, not a collector ;)

DarkFender

Yeah, the same happened to my volume knob. But I don't fucking care, as long as the floyd is OK and doesnt start to rust, I'm OK with it... I'm a player, not a collector ;)

well to tell the truth i' say the same on every other guitar i have....but that horizon is so elegant that it's a shame.........

And i forget to tell that i play gothic metal/rock and unfortunately appearence does matter in that style (not that i like it but if you want to gig you have to care....).

load more replies (1 of 1)
David_VI

Ah darn, the Horizon doesnt have black hardware? Im after one and i'd be pretty disappointed if it came without black hardware

5150-Viper

guitarpartsdepot is nice, i just ordered all black hardware for my Mh400nt.. the black chrome is just so ugly..

Post to Thread