ESP M-I Questions

Updated
d_byrne23
How do these play...any pros or cons any of you might have? Is the one pickup a problem, and what would be a good price if someone were to buy one of these used..I stumbled upon one..thanks
d_byrne23

Awesome good to hear..thanks

5150-Viper

just out of curiousity do you like the artist David Byrne?

d_byrne23

Not at all, but that's my real name lol

5150-Viper

cool name, David Byrne's latest album is one of my favorites of the year, thats why i asked :)

JeffDunne

I paid a grand shipped for mine, in case, mint condition aside from around the volume knob being slightly glossed (now the entire arm rest is glossed from use, still looks great).

It's quite honestly my favorite guitar... I plan on getting another and routing for a neck pickup/getting it refin'd in satin white.

Desnar

Get an M-II that way no need for the routing ;)

JeffDunne

Get an M-II that way no need for the routing ;)

Yeah, but there'd be a need for replacing the fretboard (I hate rosewood), and filling in the Floyd route. ;)

load more replies (1 of 1)
d_byrne23

I am debating between one of these (m1s) used or a brand new MH400NT in see through purple. What do you guys think?

Brian

These are awesome guitars. I paid under a grand for mine brand new. The one pup is not a problem if you tweak your amp or have an EQ. When I go to my clean channel I just click on my MXR 10 band and get a warm tone from it. No neck pup required.

JeffDunne

FWIW I stuck an 89 in the bridge and love it. Great blend of an 81 and 85 (the 89 in bucker mode is NOT the same as the 85), and the added versatility of a single-coil tone is gorgeous for leads, layers, and cleans!

d_byrne23

So anyone know which one between a used m1 or a mh400nt. I plan on downtuning to around c standard and I play kinda heavy but melodic stuff like daylight dies or insomnium? Thanks fellas...I'm only asking because I cant try either out where I live

Desnar

Get the used M-1, its alot tougher than the ltd.

d_byrne23

Yeah it's just a versatility thing. Mind you I never switch pickups usually so who knows I am just having a tough time dropping money on a used guitar with some minor wear. The most expensive guitar I've ever owned was a brand new jackson slsmg, I've never went used before so I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger

d_byrne23

I have thew cash beside me and I could pull the trigger. It's the volume knob though that's throwing me off. One friend I know had one and has the same problem I have in that I always seem to brush into it when playing leads live. I never had that problem on an older les paul I had when I was in my teens, but since becoming more interested in a lot of leads, that knob placement is one of the most important things I look for. I may have to just kind of re teach my right hand to avoid it, because the only company who seems to avoid that knob placement is michael kelly (which I might buy because of the emgs and ebony boards at a great price)....Oh the choices

andrei

I have thew cash beside me and I could pull the trigger. It's the volume knob though that's throwing me off. One friend I know had one and has the same problem I have in that I always seem to brush into it when playing leads live. I never had that problem on an older les paul I had when I was in my teens, but since becoming more interested in a lot of leads, that knob placement is one of the most important things I look for. I may have to just kind of re teach my right hand to avoid it, because the only company who seems to avoid that knob placement is michael kelly (which I might buy because of the emgs and ebony boards at a great price)....Oh the choices

get the M1!

:p

you can move the pot further down and to the right, and eventualy put a switch in it's place.

damn... the gas...

d_byrne23

Ok say there was a ding on the back horn the size of say the tip of a pen, like 4mm (sorry I'm Canadian so Canadian measurement lol)...and it included the good ESP hardcase not the newer LTD one. How much would you offer?

d_byrne23

The one guy mentioned he got his for less then a thousand in mint shape, so you think like 800 U.S or 750...?

Brian

If I were to sell my M-I today and it is MINT. I would sell it with case for $800.

d_byrne23

hm. This works out to 725 U.S with case once I convert Canadian dollar to US

Brian

Just to be clear my quote was US dollars.

Post to Thread