ESP MII worth $500?

Updated
baerman
Hello, in my home town there is a green with gold hareware ESP MII for sale for $500 or trade for a seven string. He has been running his ad for about 3 weeks now with no takers. He upgraded the bridge pickup to a Seymour. It looks to be from the early to mid 90's with a Schaller ESP Floyd bridge with a HS configuration eventhough the single is an ESP rail. Comes with original case and original pickup included. Both back plates are missing and looks to be in excellent condition with the exception that the gold is slightly tarished. I know MII's with an OFR and dual humbuckers (ala Hammet) sell for at least $500. He seems firm on his price so I was just wondering what you guys think. I'm not fond of the color or the fact that it has gold hardware but I see it often and thinking of buying her. Thanks in advance for any opinons.
gab4554

pics?

OutlawTorn

go play it and BUY IT

1point8t

Yea man, that things sick for $500! Even if you end up not liking it, you could always flip it for at least what you paid.

BLS

Great deal! BUY IT!

Dilzdo21

already would have bought that

older m2's in good condish run just about 400-700 bucks

Force

I think it is a real nice looking guitar. One thing I would personally really consider thou is how much it would cost me to replace the trem, volume knob, tuning keys, and back plates. I am not sure you maybe able to clean them up... but I have never let any of the gold hardware I have had get like that. My axes have always gotten cleaned straight after playing them and a good cleaning before they where put away for the night. But if you feel you are willing to pay the 500 and still pay to replace those things, I would grab it.

BLS

I think it is a real nice looking guitar. One thing I would personally really consider thou is how much it would cost me to replace the trem, volume knob, tuning keys, and back plates. I am not sure you maybe able to clean them up... but I have never let any of the gold hardware I have had get like that. My axes have always gotten cleaned straight after playing them and a good cleaning before they where put away for the night. But if you feel you are willing to pay the 500 and still pay to replace those things, I would grab it.

Is Force your last name?

Force

Nah, it is from a show I used to watch about the drag racer John Force and his family. I forget the complete title now, ha ha! I was at a loss for a screen name at one time and everything I was trying never seemed to pan out. So, I gave it a shot and it has worked thus far, as far as screen names that haven't been taken.

BLS

Right on. That's my last name, that's why I was asking.

load more replies (1 of 1)
The G.

yeah, jump on that! if the trem still works, worry about another one later. bah, it makes me want to buy a seven string just to trade! i can link you to a site to help with replacement parts if needed.

baerman

I actually own the same trem and tuners in black, brand new. I'll probably leave it alone though. Not a big fan of gold sense it is a pain to take care of. Buying it tommorrow morning. One thing troubles me, the stains on the fretboard. He says it's discoloring from playing. Looks like a enormous amount of gunk from playing and not cleaning. We will see. Thanks

Post to Thread