What ESP is this?

Updated
NYGuitarGuy
I have this guitar which I have been playing for a few years and I really don't know what model it is. It's similar to the Lynch model "M-1" but I don't believe it is one. The back of the headstock just says "Made in Japan", there is no serial number on the neck plate, any ideas? Thanks!
andrei

i'd say an M-1 with a lynch tiger finish.

it's likely that it would have sayd "Custom" on the headstock if it were one.

NYGuitarGuy

Thanks, do you know if they still make this type of M-1? I'd really like to get another one but I can't seem to find anything like it with a trem and a non-pointed headstock.

LordCliffton

You could probably order it custom exactly the way you'd like it.

andrei

You could probably order it custom exactly the way you'd like it.

yes, it's unlikely to find another one just like that.
either get an M-1 and have it refinished... or go custom shop, but it's gonna be pricey.

OutlawTorn

thats a sweet M-1, and the Custom shop might charge u up the ass for it, though it will be worth EVERY CENT

1point8t

That's definitely an older build judging by the unfinished headstock, the old school M-1 logo, knob placement on the body, etc. I'm guessing its from the 86-87 era, cause that's more of a Mirage style body than an 's' style. It's possible that its from the 48th St shop as well, but ESP won't be able to tell you much about guitars from that era... apparently their records were lost (in a fire?) IIRC.

NYGuitarGuy

Thanks for identifying the guitar, I was able to find another (black) one locally on Craig’s List. Although I love my guitar the paint job is too loud for my current gig, I was thinking about refinishing the Bengal but the paint job on it is so pristine I just could not bring myself to do it.

Dilzdo21

just keep a look out , they do pop up every now and then

Post to Thread