Esp or Ltd??

Updated
morphius1
Is there much of a difference besides price? I've got an EC1000vb and it plays great, I've been looking at getting the Viper Urban Camo or the Ec1000vhb, but is there much of a difference in how the more expensive Ltd's play in comparison to the Esp's?? Cheers!
OutlawTorn

wheres blackended when we need a fight :lol 8o

in a nut shell.....ESP>LTD Deluxe

honestly i didnt think there was a difference between ESP and LTD1000 models but when you play a ESP next to 1000 series which i have done ive noted the over all craftsman ship of the instruments. ESP is made in their factor by their techs not by another factory that is under contract with ESP to build there LTD models.
Also i have found the quality of the woods used on the instruments to be better on the ESP SS models and incredible on the ESP CS models, the quilted tops on the LTD models to me cant hold a candle to the ESP quilted tops.

Finishes as well don't seem to have as many if any blemishes in them.

overall you pay for what you get, and i played a MH-1000 next to the Horizon NT-II, which i ended up i was buying the NT-II it was more $$$ but a way better guitar!

morphius1

Ahh ill take your word for it then. I had a chance to play a used viper UC yesterday but i didnt have the time to play it :( i guess ill just keep saving and saving until the day i can get one though.

wiretap

There really is a difference. I used to think their couldn't possibly be a HUGE difference between the 1000's and ESP SS'.. My first LTD was the EC1000vb and it is indeed an awesome guitar. Then I got an ESP Eclipse II. Comparing them side by side through the same amp, same settings, etc - The difference is almost crazy. The Eclipse sounds thicker, deeper, and also has alot more clarity at the same time compared to the EC.

And on craftsmanship, the difference is even larger.

OutlawTorn

There really is a difference. I used to think their couldn't possibly be a HUGE difference between the 1000's and ESP SS'.. My first LTD was the EC1000vb and it is indeed an awesome guitar. Then I got an ESP Eclipse II. Comparing them side by side through the same amp, same settings, etc - The difference is almost crazy. The Eclipse sounds thicker, deeper, and also has alot more clarity at the same time compared to the EC.

And on craftsmanship, the difference is even larger.

honestly paying the extra cash goes a LONG way when it comes to ESP vs LTD Deluxe Models

load more replies (1 of 1)
morphius1

Well I guess I'm just gunna have to keep saving and saving.

Eventually you'll see me on the 'Post Your Standards' thread.

That day shall be celebrated with cake and booze I tell you! ;)

Mr. Wicked

ESP comes with better hardware, especially if it has a floyd. I hear Edward's series is the best of ESP.

SchwarzesGlas

ESP comes with better hardware, especially if it has a floyd. I hear Edward's series is the best of ESP.

Ah, I read on bmusic's forum that it was between ESP and LTD. Never tried one so I can't tell if that info is legit or not.

andrei

ESP>Edwards>LTD

tonymustang302

I'm going to try to make an opinion without everyone jumping on me like last time. I think that the LTD's are awesome guitar's, but you have to get them done up by a luthier. I found an awesome Luthier that turned me on to buying LTD's and have him do a fret-dress, neck setup, and a general go-over on the guitar. It cost me $100, and it plays WAAAYYYYY better then my MII.

From my understanding ( i could be wrong ) the standard guitar's get extra "love" then the LTD's. But, after getting it setup up, they are just as good.

$550 ESP LTD Horizon + Luither setup $650.... New Horizon standard series...about$1500? I think i'll get the LTD.

ESP Makes the best guitars. The only other guitar I like is Ibanez's prestige necks. They are killer. But I love ESP's.

Tony.

Gwedo

I have tried the EPS eclipse at work and a EC1000VB right after each other and the main difference is the wood, ESPs sound thicker more rounded and just ....sound better.

The 1000 series are great but the wood used is lower grade

Ozwepaie

I was skeptical.. I have 2 ESP's an Eclipse II and a Truckster. I always felt the
Truckster was one of those special guitars. That come along one in a while that are
just perfect. You don't know why ? It's just something about it. All your friends want
to steal it. Just one of those.
And the EC II is just a rock star !
A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to score an LTD Truckster cheap.
and could not resist.
In all honesty, it dose not stand a chance. The ESP's just kill it. Hands down.
I'm not saying it's a bad guitar !
It is a really nice playing and sounding instrument. But it not ESP
There's a reason Epiphone, Squire, LTD all cost less. And that called "Quality"
Now I'll take the Pepsi challenge against and guitar from the same class any day.
but you just can't compare Ford's & Ferrari's.

Mitch L

Very nicely said!

Kannon

Is this a trick question? :D

antipole

With the responses written there, they clear answered the title of this thread. Many thanks as myself often do wonder how much of a difference is there.

Just on the side how's Edwards comparing to ESP?

Mr. Wicked

Personally, I go for LTD. I know ESP is better, but they don't have much. LTD has some sweet designs from the EX, FX, V, F, & the AX. I wish they made ESPs out of those. I really like the AX-400. Feels, sounds great & has damn good hardware. Don't own it but I do plan on getting the AX-401 whenever they release it (looks better without the tribal inlays).

Steve K.

I have 2 ESP Elcipse II and a LTD Truckster, the latter has been set up by Andy Brauer down in LA and it plays very well. Not as good as the ESP but very close. Alot is in the setup and this guy can set them up to rock. Paid about $650 used for the Truckster and another $100 for setup and it plays pretty damn good. Just my 2 cents

SixStringer

if they do like gibson, ESP must have a really highly qualified luthier-sound engineer-electrical engineer with some very good ears that test the woods with spectrometers, wood density meters or whatever..maybe they just knock on the wood to listen how it sounds...the best ones they keep in japan to build esp's, the second best ones they send to korea for high end ltd's, and then malaysia, and then china.

let's take the eclipse VB vs. ltd ec-1000 VB for example, theyre the same thing, same woods, only differences are the bone vs. earvana nut, the brand of the bridge , the kind of tuners (both stay in tune just as long and yes ive tried both)...and last difference is the neck pickup is further down the body to have 24 frets for the ec-1000...yes you will sacrifice a bit of tone for that extra not-even-an-inch, but you will gain easier high fret access if you play on those frets

so i think its possible to have an equal tone between both guitars if they are set up properly...you pay more for the esp because japanese workers are simply paid more

lets not forget im talking about esp standard here, not custom

high end of cheap brand + - = ~ low end of good brand (no matter what product)

so yea ford gt-40 + - = ~ ferrari testarossa

epiphone les paul elitist + - = ~ gibson les paul studio ( or even standard)

top sony or panasonic home audio speakers (cheap brand) + - = ~ lower end Bowers-Wilkins or DynAudio

in life you will always find better for an extra 100$....the question is, when do you stop?

dont be a purist fanatic audiophile unless youre a millionaire or you will go thru life always saving up for something better and will die unhappy

Mitch L

I disagree in a way. They may be made from the same wood, but the ESP graded wood is a shit ton better. As for hard wear I'm not sure but more then likely ESP ALWAYS uses better grades wood and hard wear. As for the country location quality scale, how do you know it's in that order? Do you work for them? 

Justinschut

way to bring up a really old thread..

Borked Bob

You get what you pay for.

slab

jeeebus this is retired

Allex W.

Get the Esp Standard Series and you'll be thoroughly impressed by how it feels compred the the 1000's. Which is crazy cause the 1000's are pretty dang good quality as they are! But yeah you won't regret it!

Post to Thread