Need Help Identifing Guitar

Updated
2stroke
Hi all .. Can anyone help identify this guitar.. It says ESP horizon on head but theres no other markings , trying to find out the year it was made or who did the custom work.. Any help would be Great.. thanks
OutlawTorn

i got nothing, but thats a nice axe!

andrei

i've tryed to like it, but i just can't.
it screams after a decent finish.

good luck dude.
no serial number or custom shop stamp?

2stroke

thanks for the responses .. no there are no other markings , this guitar is nothing like a newer Horizon , the quality is just not there ..so I'm questioning if its really an ESP ??..

andrei

looking at the headstock, someone might have just dropped a decal on it.

if you say, it lacks quality, then this might be the case.
... what about the tuners?
the tuners and the neckplate usualy read "ESP".

but the biggest problem, as you've also noticed: it doesn't look at all like a horison.
hopefuly some more experienced members can clear this up.

2stroke

well the hardware looks good.. the tuners are just like other esp's I've looked at.. it has a licenced floyd trem. overall the guitar sound pretty good but the body is not solid its layered wood.. Did they make esps in the early days like that?..
The head says ESP horizon but how would you tell if somone put that decal on it .Did ESP make guitars with the logo as a decal ? thanks again

Helldragon

look at the cheap licensed floyd and locking nut... the finish also looks totally cheap

Fake, if you ask me!

andrei

that is highly unlikely. all those clues poin to fake.

Brian

My first thought was it screams fake. Just does not look like any ESP I have ever seen. Even minus the graphic.

load more replies (1 of 1)
2stroke

I know that this is not a high end guitar..and its clearly not a copy of a high end guitar .. but all companies make a lower end guitar .. the construction is not unlike any of the other companies kramer , samick , fender squier, ibanez even the esp ltd ,
If anyone would know it would be someone here on the ESP FORUM .. not trying to pass the guitar off as anything but what I've stated above..
Just thought I'd start here since it does say ESP on it and it does have certain likeness to some Esp's -body , head stock ,tuners .. If it said Gibson , Fender or PRS I would know right away that it wasnt so.....again thanks for your time .

2stroke

sorry Gfunk .. payless shoes -payless guitars - just thought you were being a smarta**

OutlawTorn

esp put out an advisory i think it was last year? about that damn site

Post to Thread