Pickguard for M-II?

Updated
Pickguard for M-II?
After seeing KirkRhoads' M-II Deluxe with the pearloid guard, I've decided I HAVE to get a pickguard for my M-II Maple. I've searched here and on google, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know of a site that sells pre-made M-II pickguards? I wonder if Dave @ Frets on the Net could help me out. Ooor, if anyone has an M-II w/guard or a Rob Arnold sig or something, if you would be so kind as to trace the guard on your next string change? I could get a custom made pickguard from a number of sites, but they all require a tracing.
Metlupass2

You're not going to find one.....

JeffDunne

Thank you, kind sir, for your enthusiasm and encouragement!

Metlupass2

Thank you, kind sir, for your enthusiasm and encouragement!

I'm speaking from experience! I tried find one one for my MII Custom and I email so many people and they all told me no.

DeathIsMyJustice

Just get a local luthier to make you one

Fikealox

I sympathise, too. I had enough trouble sourcing a pickguard for my vintage plus. Never again!

el_destrukto

I sympathise, too. I had enough trouble sourcing a pickguard for my vintage plus. Never again!

The vintage plus is identical to a strat pickguard with the exception of 1 screw hole and the neck pocket allowing for the 22nd fret... I've actually just bought a replacement guard for my V+ and that's all I've had to change. I didn't drill the new screw hole in the pickguard though, I drilled it on the guitar body.

Metlupass2

Maybe they still have the template? As far as the knobs and position of your toggle switch thats obviously gonna be different.

JeffDunne

Sweeeeet! John @ Terrapin found the original template he used for Ryan's, and is making me one! No need to trace yours, Ryan - thanks for the offer though.

I'll post pics when it gets in... super stoked for this!

Post to Thread