EMG 81-TW and 89

Updated
Will Pwr
I own a U.S. ESP Eclipse 07 and I'm planning to replace my EMG 81 with a EMG 81-TW, but I was wondering if it would also sound good with an EMG 89, on the EMG site it says: "The dual-coil mode consists of two Alnico loaded coils opposite one another creating a pickup similar to the EMG-85." I'm only doing this because I want White EMGs and if I am going to replace both PUs to white colored PUs I don't think I wouldn't want to settle for a EMG 60. I love the EMG 60 but I rather go back to playing with an EMG 85 sound. My question is; Has anyone here combined or heard the EMG 81-TW and the 89 together? Good sound and no good? EMG 81-TW Bridge 89 Neck If I'm not mistaken I've heard that the EMG 81-TW on sigle-coil mode sounds like the EMG-S and the EMG 89 sounds like the EMG-SA -Thanks.
Curt Daddy

about the single coil sounds of em yes, 81-tw split=S and 89= SA

and they sound awesome together I played em in a 08 schecter c1 hellraiser

hope this helps.

CL4P-TP

They sound good. That is the standard set in the 08 hellraisers.

MajorTom

I've been away from the music equipment scene for a while... What's an EMG 81-TW? I know what an EMG 81 is. And I know what an EMG 85 and 89 is.

Curt Daddy

81-TW is a coil splitable version of the 81

MajorTom

81-TW is a coil splitable version of the 81

Thanks.

load more replies (2 of 2)
CL4P-TP

I wonder if I'd like an 89 in the bridge and the 81TW in the neck. They 89 and 85 sound similar, it would be golden for me.

Post to Thread