Online sites to purchase ESP?

Updated
TheDarkOne
Does anyone know any online sites to purchase an ESP guitar standard series for a GOOD price? I went around where I live (Indiana USA) but couldn't find any dealers with ESP or even guitar center?
The G.

i know where you're coming from TheDarkOne. i called damn near every place around the indy area, even into champaign illinois. i ended up finding my m-II on e-bay for $600 or so. you could look into local music stores, maybe even pawn shops.

Matthew

DrumCityGuitarLand is the fucking best.

Pharaoh

DrumCityGuitarLand is the fucking best.

i used to think that too...lol

load more replies (1 of 1)
xchumfiestax

Seriously

When I was in the market for a new guitar last year, I tried out an ec-1000 at DCGL. The entire experience wasn't all that great. He just seemed completely uninterested. It was as if I was bothering him when he was just sitting at his desk doing nothing.

Needless to say I ended up making my purchase elsewhere. I bought it from you actually :lol

BigSillyGoose

You have to mention that you're from the ESP boards to get the good treatment at DCGL.

I dont think you guys have been doing that.

TheDarkOne

Haha funny that you guys bring that up about Drumcityguitarland. I contacted Jason there about trying to purchase an ESP standard series from him after I posted this. He seemed very unenthusiastic. He just stopped emailing me too. lol, we he lost my business.

xchumfiestax

Haha funny that you guys bring that up about Drumcityguitarland. I contacted Jason there about trying to purchase an ESP standard series from him after I posted this. He seemed very unenthusiastic. He just stopped emailing me too. lol, we he lost my business.

I wish I could say I'm surprised.

I bought a Viper 400 from him back in 05 and the experience was completely different when I went back to DCGL a few years later :\

DixSerina

That's the same problem I had when I was going to purchase an F-400 from there. I dropped him an e-mail letting him know I wanted it, and he was cool, then I asked him if he could figure out shipping and stuff and got nothing back. So I asked again two weeks later. And one last time a week after that. Needless to say, I still haven't gotten anything back, a year and a half later about it. I bought the F-400 elsewhere.

deftoneskidd

theperfectguitar.com - give those guys a call/email and you won't want to shop anywhere else again.. promise. super friendly, always enthusiastic, always willing to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy.. you don't see that much anymore.. plus the pics on their website are freakin KILLER.

Piney Hills Music

thats funny, as the perfectguitar/perfectbass are prolly the store I hear the most BAD things about. I have talked to them on the phone and they were pretty nice to me, but I have some customers down in that area, that absolutely HATE that place.

they are the only Fender Custom Shop dealer in the state, and thats where I send my customers looking for that, one last week told me that there was no way he was buying from them after he called them.

deftoneskidd

that's pretty surprising to me, they're always great when i go in... what kind of complaints do you get? i guess i could see not liking that place if you're used to guitar center, it's quite a different experience..

Piney Hills Music

that's pretty surprising to me, they're always great when i go in... what kind of complaints do you get? i guess i could see not liking that place if you're used to guitar center, it's quite a different experience..

no, these are ANTI guitar center people that I deal with mainly, owning a small store myself.

the feed back that I recieved was that they were very "snobbish on the phone"

I know how it is to have 10 people staring at you while you are answering calls, but I TRY to at least be polite.

deftoneskidd

they also deal Breedlove, Martin, Music Man, Michael Kelly, & Traveler.. Ibanez is on the way there as well.

Dilzdo21

nick can you put in a quote for me?

i sent you pm's

gainiac

DCGL - I've bought a handful of high dollar guitars off Jason. He runs a store with incredible online access, and I imagine he fields calls ALL DAMN DAY LONG from people that really do not want to buy. So he's been doing this a long time, and I can see how that would wear on people. I used to work in an emergency room doing the 12 hour shifts. Man, seeing society in the raw can be really depressing sometimes. And as he runs a metal-oriented online guitar shop and answers almost every phone call - not surprising that he's become a bit jaded.

He always provides me no-bullsh*t service. It's a pretty cold transaction, yes. There's no excitement when you drop 4 or 5k on a guitar there. And when you return to buy another, it's the same - no excitement. But the prices are good, he carries a lot of one-offs from bunch of different brands you don't see anywhere else.

I've returned a couple guitars, no problems. I completely understand the return policy. You get it, you check it out, don't mark it up or ding it, and return it immediately if it's not you. Until I know I'm keeping a guitar, I handle it with kid gloves. I know most people do not, and I'm sure Jason knows that too. So he keeps the return policy tight.

Just seems to me to be a tightly run, efficient business, and Jason's a businessman who has more of an interest in drums, though he sells more guitars. It's all cool.

Clinton G.

classic american buisnessman bullshit

Post to Thread