Bill Lawrence

Updated
BoD
I'm cinsidering changing out my EMGs in my EclipseII to Bill Lawrence pick-ups or maybe even another brand. (I have heard that they are very good pups.) I'm running a Marshall JVM 210H w/1960b cab and it sounds a bit thin to me. I'm hoping to find a warmer more organic sound but keep the same rig. Any thoughts?
MikeC

The only way to know is to try one out. I have one in the bridge of my Dean, and I like it alot. There a little noisy, but I think they're quieter then the EMG's you have in your EC. I think the BL may accually sound a bit thinner to me though.

Fikealox

If you have a bit of cash to burn, check out Bareknuckles :D

HateEvent

If you go for a Bill Lawrence L500-XL, make sure and get a Bill & Becky one, not a Bill Lawrence USA one. They are much thinner and lacking in tone.

The B&B ones can only be purchased direct whereas the BLUSA ones can be bought in stores. The BLUSA ones say "made in USA" in white lettering on them sometimes too, this can be an indicator as to which you are looking at.

Having extensive experience with both, I would NEVER buy the BLUSA over the B&B.

:)

The Sloth

If you go for a Bill Lawrence L500-XL, make sure and get a Bill & Becky one, not a Bill Lawrence USA one. They are much thinner and lacking in tone.

The B&B ones can only be purchased direct whereas the BLUSA ones can be bought in stores. The BLUSA ones say "made in USA" in white lettering on them sometimes too, this can be an indicator as to which you are looking at.

Having extensive experience with both, I would NEVER buy the BLUSA over the B&B.

:)

:lol
One word for them would be 'nasty'...not in a good way.

BoD

Yes, 2 on order from Bill and Becky.
I did not know that about the BLUSA. Thanks for the info! I'm sure there lots of others that will benefit from this.

HateEvent

Yes, 2 on order from Bill and Becky.
I did not know that about the BLUSA. Thanks for the info! I'm sure there lots of others that will benefit from this.

You're very welcome! Let me know what you think of it/them! :)

One word for them would be 'nasty'...not in a good way.

Yeah, I didn't like the one you had at all! Especially compared to the one in the Dime (which I'm gonna put back in to see what like with the Randall setup!)! :D

The Sloth

yeah, the one I had was so shril and thin and scratchy, It just pissed me off after a while...I kinda liked it at the start cause it was nasty but just too nasty.

I think putting the BL back in the dean is a good plan...it kinda makes the guitar what it is meant to be (does that make sense?)

Are you gonna put the War Pig in the KH?

How is the Randall by the way?

HateEvent

yeah, the one I had was so shril and thin and scratchy, It just pissed me off after a while...I kinda liked it at the start cause it was nasty but just too nasty.

I think putting the BL back in the dean is a good plan...it kinda makes the guitar what it is meant to be (does that make sense?)

Are you gonna put the War Pig in the KH?

How is the Randall by the way?

You'd be better with my BL of the two!

Yeah that makes sense, let's me see how close I'm getting with the 'Dime Rig' too :)

War Pig in the KH - no I don't think I will. Gives me a reason to buy another guitar instead - to put it in :p

The Randall is awesome! :)

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread