Eclipse, MII, or Horizon?

Updated
nicknuisance
I'm stuck between getting one of the 3. I sold my last LTD, so I can finally be a man and get a standard series, but the 1 thing I'm not sure about is: do I want a floyd or not? All 3 of these guitars are sick, and i am DEFINATELY getting one, but which? I know it's purely my choice, but I've been debating what to do for a couple months now. I've found a couple MII with the maple fretboards, for about 750, but haven't had the balls to do it because I don't know if i will want to deal with the maintenance of the floyd rose again. The Eclipse or Horizon sounds so much easier to deal with, being a stop tailpiece. There's no doubt in my mind that I will wind up with at least an MII AND one of the others this year, just strapped for cash and can only get one right now. Any thoughts?
Raf_666

Well , a floyd isn't a problem when it's set up fine , ok it's not as easy as a fixed bridge but if you're not sure if you need one , you probably won't. I love my MII , love the fast unfinished neck better than my painted horizon one. An eclipse has only 22 frets while the others 24. sitting down i find the eclipse not as comfortable as a normal M shape. It's up to you , just ask yourself those questions , FR or not , 22 or 24 frets ...

You can't go wrong with any of these but they're all different :hat

Raf

Dæmonium

All are pretty different. Try them all out if you can and see which one speaks to you the most.

Dilzdo21

no viper? im offering a camo viper discontinued!

Fordman65

I told you to buy me Eclipse. You know you want it.

asbloodrunsblack

horizon with a cockstock , definetly :cool:

nicknuisance

horizon with a cockstock , definetly :cool:

I'm watching one on ebay right now.

load more replies (1 of 1)
the_emptier

I'm stuck between getting one of the 3. I sold my last LTD, so I can finally be a man and get a standard series, but the 1 thing I'm not sure about is: do I want a floyd or not? All 3 of these guitars are sick, and i am DEFINATELY getting one, but which? I know it's purely my choice, but I've been debating what to do for a couple months now. I've found a couple MII with the maple fretboards, for about 750, but haven't had the balls to do it because I don't know if i will want to deal with the maintenance of the floyd rose again. The Eclipse or Horizon sounds so much easier to deal with, being a stop tailpiece. There's no doubt in my mind that I will wind up with at least an MII AND one of the others this year, just strapped for cash and can only get one right now. Any thoughts?

WHERE!!!!!

nicknuisance

i found like 3 people on craigslist selling them for that price

the_emptier

fuck me man you never get tr00 esp's in oregon. fuck thats such a hot price

Dæmonium

That is a fucking great deal, I'd pick that up in a heartbeat.

Very sexy guitar.

nicknuisance

Looks like I may stick with getting an ibanez s7320 instead, haven't found any good deals on any of the guitars above :P

Fordman65

Have fun with the crappy Ibanez:D. If you are thinking you will get a real ESP for cheaper than the prices that were listed in this thread I think you might be a tad off base. You're probably doing the right thing in settling for the Ibanez then.

Fordman65

Smart man, trust me dude will love the whorizon or EC IMO both are winners.

nicknuisance

True, maybe I should wait for the 7, but eventually getting one. I guess I can wait a little longer, it's been about a month and a half since I've played an electric, sold my mh-301 and bought an acoustic to tide me over until I purchased a standard series... I've been playing LTDs for the longest.

ScytheMan

Mii

gorsch

My buds got an endorsement through ESP and is selling his MII NTB for what he paid. 6 months old. He got an MII and a Kamakazi-1 when he got his endorsement. Now wants 2 Kamikazi's so out goes the MII.

Yeah.....I picking up the MII NTB and I'm not going to say for how much. You'd all hate me.

Fordman65

My buds got an endorsement through ESP and is selling his MII NTB for what he paid. 6 months old. He got an MII and a Kamakazi-1 when he got his endorsement. Now wants 2 Kamikazi's so out goes the MII.

Yeah.....I picking up the MII NTB and I'm not going to say for how much. You'd all hate me.

I doubt we would hate you, it's just a standard series guitar, now if you were getting a custom for cheap then we would all hate you.

nicknuisance

sell it to me....

Post to Thread